Running a successful business asks for accurate and complete company data. It becomes very difficult for companies to keep track of the money that comes in and goes out. Considering the importance of company data, it’s essential to keep it secure, and if the users can’t access the data, they might result in QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001.
If you find yourself stuck with Error 6073, -99001 in QuickBooks, then getting rid of it on an earlier basis is very important. We have created this write-up to enlighten you about the possible causes and the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue. So, get ready to fix this issue without much effort and begin working with QuickBooks seamlessly.
Do you find it difficult to fix the QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001 on your own due to a lack of technical knowledge? In that scenario, you no longer need to worry, just place a call us anytime, and our professionals are ready to help you in the best possible manner.
QuickBooks Error Code 6073, -99001- A Brief Introduction About the Issue.
Users often confront QuickBooks Error Code 6073, -99001 when they fail to access the data file. The failure to access the data file is because another user might have opened it. Whenever the users witness the error, the following error is presented on the screen:
“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…… Error Codes (6073, -99001).”
Unfortunately, this error won’t allow the users to access their QuickBooks company file, which might hamper their workflow. So, to regain access to the data file, you must fix it as soon as possible using the solutions explained ahead. But before doing that, let’s check out the root causes behind this error.
Possible Factors Responsible For the Arrival Of QuickBooks Company File Error 6073, -99001
Diagnosing the root causes that trigger the QuickBooks Company File Error 6073, -99001 is essential. Doing so will help you find the right fix to resolve the issue properly. Therefore, to keep you updated regarding the factors that give rise to the error, look at the causes listed below.
- The users might face this company file error when the file is already open in any system in single-user mode.
- In other instances, it may happen when your file is located on a Linux server, and multiple login details are used to login into the shared folder.
- You are accessing the file with the help of the remote software, including (LogMeIn, GoToMyPc, etc.) and at the same time, the host computer notices that you have still signed into your system.
- Sometimes, the users fail to access the company file when it lies in a read-only network folder.
Signs That Help You Identify The Occurence Of Error 6073, -99001 QuickBooks
Multiple company file errors in QuickBooks, including 6176, -600 -1007, 6210, 6073, -99001, etc., pop up when the users fail to access the QuickBooks data file. Below are some signs and symptoms that will help you identify the occurence of Error 6073, -99001 QuickBooks.
- Your system will start behaving inappropriately and start freezing repeatedly.
- The users won’t be able to pursue their ongoing business tasks due to the interruption of QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001.
- In certain instances, the users might experience that the QuickBooks program begins to freeze every now and then.
- Sometimes, you may observe an interruption in the internet connection.
Quick Ways To Decode QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001 Effortlessly
Finding the right fit according to the error is important; otherwise, it would be useless. So, it is important to fix the error at the right time using the correct resolution methods. Below we have explained all the possible solutions that will help you seamlessly deal with QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001.
Resolution Way 1: Fixing the Error 6073, -99001 In QuickBooks Manually
Go through the following instances to resolve Error 6073, -99001 In QuickBooks manually.
Instance 1: When the company file is open in Single user mode in another workstation
- Begin the process by closing the QuickBooks application on all the computers.
- After this, you must launch the company file on the Host computer.
- In the next step, move to the File menu and choose the highlighted Switch to Multi-User Mode option.
- If you are still receiving the same issue again, you must relaunch all your workstations.
Instance 2: When the QuickBooks Company file is already open in Single User Mode on the Host Computer
- Initially, open the QuickBooks File menu and click the Close Company option.
- After this, relaunch the company file and navigate to the File menu.
- Thereon, choose the Open or Restore Company > Open a Company file > Next option.
- You are supposed to pick the company file and then hit the Open file in multi-user mode. Later on, tap the Open button to conclude the process.
Instance 3: When the Data File is Placed on a Read-Only Network Folder
- In the first place, you must access the computer hosting the company file.
- You are supposed to look for the folder that contains your QuickBooks company file.
- Once you get the QuickBooks folder, right-click on it to pick the highlighted Properties option.
- Afterwards, navigate to the Security tab and pick the users facing difficulty during login. Later on, go to the Edit option to proceed further.
- Now, you must ensure that you have given Full Control to assign all the rights to the users.
- End the entire process by choosing Apply, followed by the OK button.
Resolution Way 2: Take the Help Of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- To repair the issues in QuickBooks Company file, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After this, double-tap on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to open it on your device.
- You are supposed to go through the instructions given on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Go to the desktop and double-tap on QuickBooks Tool Hub to open it.
- In the next step, move to Company File Issues and then hit the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Now, you must pick the company file from the options below and once you get the file click the Browse option.
- Navigate to the Check Your File option > Continue option.
- Thereon, add the correct Admin credentials and tap the Next button.
Related Page: Print Setting in QuickBooks Online
Wrapping It Up!!
Through this blog’s help, we hope you find the best way to wind up QuickBooks Error 6073, -99001 without making much effort. Thus, it helps you regain your data file and pursue your ongoing business task. If you still require any expert opinion, you can get help from the experts via live chat for quick resolution. Our experts will give you the surety to find the best approach to cope with the issue quickly.