Company file errors are quite common among the daily QuickBooks errors. And if you’re also operating the application for your business, you must be familiar with the QuickBooks error 6147. Are you? If yes, and find the solutions to prevent this issue, continue reading this post.
Facing QuickBooks errors is normal; however, the consequences can be hazardous if not taken action against them. The error code 6147 in QuickBooks is a result of improper or damaged QuickBooks software setup. Further, users may face damage or loss of their essential business data. Thus, it becomes necessary to troubleshoot this error ASAP. In this post, we have covered all the reasons for the error, signs you may notice, and solutions to help you get rid of this company file issue.
No need to overlook the annoying QuickBooks company file issues! Contact our QuickBooks technicians anytime and get instant professional assistance.
QuickBooks Error 6147 – A Brief Introduction!
As noted above, users find the QuickBooks error 6147 while opening or accessing the QuickBooks company file. This 6000 series error occurs with a supported message reading, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6147,0).”
While accessing the required QuickBooks company file, the error occurs when QuickBooks is unable to restrain the backup data file from the local system. Now, to eliminate this issue, users just need to perform a few basic troubleshooting steps. However, before this, let’s discuss the signs you may notice after the terror attack and what exactly leads to this issue.
How Users Can Notice the Attack of Error 6147 QuickBooks?
The following signs can help you easily detect the error 6147 QuickBooks. Take a look:
- You may experience issues while opening your required QuickBooks company data file.
- The error message 6147 will continuously flash on your QuickBooks company file screen.
- You may find your Windows working slowly and sluggish.
- The company data files won’t be restored or backed up.
- The active Windows program may start freezing or even stop running.
QuickBooks Error Code 6147 – What Gives Rise to the Issue?
QuickBooks errors are genuine because of some technical issues and errors in your system or application. Similarly, the QuickBooks error code 6147 occurs due to the following factors:
- An outdated QuickBooks version invites technical bugs and errors. The error code 6147 in QuickBooks can also occur due to the same.
- QuickBooks company file errors are also possible to encounter if the files are damaged or corrupted.
- Make sure your QuickBooks company file name is saved within the standard characters limit. You may face an error while opening or accessing it if it’s exceeded.
- Improper or damaged installation of your QuickBooks Desktop software is also a prominent factor to count for facing company file errors in QuickBooks.
- The damaged folder location where you have saved the QuickBooks company file is also a reason for facing QuickBooks error 6147.
Expert’s Troubleshooting Methods to Address QuickBooks Error 6147
Let your search for ways to fix QuickBooks company file error code 6147 ends here. This section will let you learn some of the quick and proper methods to eliminate this annoying error. Carefully begin with the first solution method:
Solution Method 1 – Move the QuickBooks Company File to the Correct Folder
If your file folder where you have saved the QuickBooks company file is damaged, move the company file to the correct folder location by carrying out the given instructions:
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks application and close the other background running applications on Windows.
- Now, press the F2 key on your keyboard, and by this, the Product Activation Window will open on your screen.
- From here, you must note down the location of your QuickBooks company file. After this, navigate to that very location and search for the file (.qbw)
- If you don’t get the company file, move to the Search Programs and Files bar. In this search bar, type .qbw and hit the Enter button.
- Now, your computer system will display all the company files with the .qbw extension.
- Once you get the file, right-click the same and select the Open file location alternative.
- Finally, you must shift your QuickBooks company file that you wish to access to the correct file folder.
Solution Method 2 – Stop Running all the QuickBooks Processes
By ending the QuickBooks running processes, users can avoid facing errors while accessing the QuickBooks company file. So, undertake the instructions and fix the error 6147 QuickBooks.
- First, you must sign in to your server system with QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Once logged in as an admin, simultaneously press your keyboard’s CTRL + Shift + Esc buttons.
- Continue to this, and show the QuickBooks processes to all the users by choosing the Users option.
- After this, you must highlight all the QuickBooks processes below:
- Highlighted these processes? Now, select the End Task button and retry to open your QuickBooks company file again. If you still face the QuickBooks error 6147 message on your screen, proceed to the next method.
Solution Method 3 – Run QuickBooks File Doctor and Repair the Company File Error
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is particularly designed and developed to troubleshoot the generic company file errors that most QuickBooks users face. Thus, you can also run this utility to eliminate the QuickBooks error 6147. Continue performing the instructions below:
- Firstly, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub if you don’t have it on your system.
- Visit the official Intuit website, and from here, download the installer file of the Tool Hub. Once you have downloaded the QuickBooksToolHub.exe installer file, save it on your computer’s Desktop.
- Now, double-click the file to open it, and you will see some instructions to follow to proceed with the Tool Hub installation.
- Perform all the instructions, and start the installation procedure by first clicking the Next button and then Install.
- Wait till the installation completes, and once done, hit the Finish button. Congratulations! You have successfully installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- You must open the Tool Hub and move to the Company File Issues tab. On clicking it, you will find the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Click the same to run it. Here, you must browse the company file having issues while accessing or opening.
- Select the company file, and let the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool repair the company file error 6147 QuickBooks.
Taking Everything in Account..!
By the end of this comprehensive blog post, we hope you have learned everything about the annoying QuickBooks error 6147. So, troubleshoot the error by following the methods above and get back to your seamless QuickBooks company file operation. If the issue persists and you fail to remove it alone, you must opt for professional help. Connect with our professionals via the available Live Chat Support facility.