QuickBooks Error Code 6129 is one of the most common technical errors specifying to the user that the connection to the Database cannot be set up or any established connection has been broken. The major cause which instigates this error code to pop up on the screen can be a system crash or the obstruction from the security application to run QuickBooks desktop. Possible measures to sort out this Error 6129 issue is that you disable the antivirus in your system or fix the window component due to which the connection cannot be established.
Here we are going to list all the possible causes due to which users have to read the message “Database Connection Failure,” commonly known as Error 6129 QuickBooks. Based on these causes, we are going to discuss various troubleshooting methods which you can imply in your accounting application to fix QuickBooks. Thus, stay with us till the end to learn more about QuickBooks technical errors.
Possible Causes which Lead to Database Connection Verification Failure
Numerous causes can be there which obstruct the QuickBooks application to establish the connection. Below are some of them which lead to QuickBooks Error 6129:
- You might not have updated your QuickBooks application to the latest version. Also, there can be any pending updates for your operating system, which can give rise to connectivity issues in your system.
- Corrupted network files can also lead to Database Connection Verification Failure.
- Compatibility issues between the domain and the client-server.
- The technical glitch that can trigger 6129 error QuickBooks is the invalid entries in the Window Registry.
- Another glitch from the user side leading to QuickBooks error 6129 is that they have improperly shut down the accounting application, which probably happens due to a power failure.
Available Troubleshooting Method to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6129
Different means through which you can fix the problem connectivity issue of the Database are disabling the antivirus, fixing the window registry, rename the QuickBooks network files. All the available methods to help you resolve the 6129 error are listed below:
How Can I Detect Error 6129 QuickBooks
Possible signs and symptoms are there based on which they can detect the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6129. Some of them are listed below:
- A common symptom that indicates the occurence of various QuickBooks technical errors is that the screen repeatedly freezes while running the QuickBooks application.
- Repeated system crashes while using QuickBooks can also be an indication of Error 6129.
- A clear indicator of 6129 Error QuickBooks is the pop-up messages comprising the given text below:
- QuickBooks Error Code 6129: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be closed.”
Temporarily Disable the Security Application of Your System.
Possible obstruction from the antivirus can be there when the user tries to create new company files in QuickBooks. For that either you need to temporarily shut off the Antivirus, which can be done easily from the Windows setting. However, afterward, you need to run the Windows in the Safe-Mode steps, which are listed below:
- While rebooting the system, press the F8 key until the boot screen appears on the screen. There you can find the various modes to open the system.
- Now you need to switch to safe mode in the system. The purpose of using the system in safe mode is that you create a company file. After which, you can proceed to use the QuickBooks in normal mode.
- Now try to open the QuickBooks and access the newly created company file.
Rename the QuickBooks Network Files
Following is the process to fix QuickBooks network files in your system:
- Locate the QuickBooks folder in your system where you need to search for the files with the extension (.ND)
- First, you need to mark all these files as old ones, for which you need to rename these by adding the extension (.OLD).
- In case you are using QuickBooks on a single computer system, then you can just click on the file to check whether QuickBooks is working or not.
- However, in order to access the company files from various systems following process needs to be followed:
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- There, locate the “Scan Folder” option and hit “Add new folder’ to add the QuickBooks company file you want to scan. Through this, you can add company files to your system.
- Once the scan has been completed, open the company file to check whether QuickBooks is running or not.
Update the QuickBooks Application in your System to the Latest Version
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop application in your system. There, navigate to the Help folder and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, click the option “Update QuickBooks Desktop.”
- On the appeared menu, hit the option “Get Updates.”
- This will automatically start to update the application.
- Follow the further instruction on the screen.
- Restart the system and then check for any technical glitches.
Migrate the QuickBooks Company Files to a Newly Created Folder
- Open the QuickBooks folder in your system where you need to create a new folder.
- Now, move the company files which you want to access to this newly created folder.
- For the user using only single to access these files, they can open it directly by double-clicking on them.
- However, if you are using accessing company files from multiple systems, you need to scan these files using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Check whether the Domain Server Matches the Client Server
You need to contact the Network Administrator to check whether the domain and client-server are on the same network or not.
Run the QuickBooks Application in your System with Administrator-Level Privileges.
The best way through which you can utilize the best version of the QuickBooks installed in your system is that you run it in administrator mode. Through this, you can use all the features available in the application, and also running QuickBooks in administrator mode will make it more compatible. Hence the chances for the occurrence of any error are likely to be less.
Related Error: QuickBooks Error 1904
Use the Tool Hub Application to fix error 6129 QuickBooks
The last option on which you can rely to fix QuickBooks Error 6129 before you need to connect with customer support is to use the Tool Hub and Database Server Manager. QuickBooks Tool Hub can be easily downloaded from the official website. After which you need to follow the given steps:
- On the Tool Hub home screen, you can easily locate the option “Installation Issue” on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on it.
- Now, hit the option “Clean Install Tool.”
- This will start the clean installation of the QuickBooks application in your system, which can be helpful in debugging the Error code 6129.
Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Connectivity issue QuickBooks Error code 6129 can also be fixed through the Database server manager, which can easily set up a connection between the server and the QuickBooks desktop application installed in your system. To use the Database Server Manager in the tool hub, follow the given steps:
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, click on the option “Network Issue” on the left-hand side of the page.
- Now, hit on the option “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” or the one titled “Help me improve my Network.’
- Using Database Server Manager, the connection will be improved; network issues will be fixed.
- Now, restart the system and try to use QuickBooks again.
Connect with BizBooksAdvice for Technical Assistance
Above, we have stated all the possible causes which can trigger Error Code 6129 in the QuickBooks application. Also, all the available solutions through which you can fix this error are listed here. Now, if there is any requirement for further assistance, connect with us through the helpline number given below. Use the live chat option to get instant solutions for any technical issues in QuickBooks.