Do you face issues while locating QuickBooks company files and receive continuous QuickBooks error H303 messages? If yes, here is the solution guide we have brought for you. The error occurs when users work with QuickBooks multi-user hosting settings. The error results when users fail to provide additional configuration while accessing the QuickBooks company files. So, let’s avoid further delays and quickly get into this blog to troubleshoot this issue.
Are you frustrated enough due to the continuous occurrence of QuickBooks multi-user error code H303? Why don’t you contact our expert’s team anytime for further help? Dial our number for instant and professional help.
A Brief Introduction About QuickBooks Error H303!
QuickBooks error code H303 is one of the common H-series errors that generally interrupt users when they are operating QuickBooks in the multi-user mode. As a great contributor to disturbing and hampering productivity, this error occurs with a supporting text message reading, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” Apart from the incorrect configuration of the QuickBooks multi-user hosting settings, the issue can occur due to many more factors, which we will discuss further in this blog. So, let’s continue with the same.
General Provoking Factors for QuickBooks Error Code H303
We have listed some of the general factors that mainly provoke the QuickBooks error code H303. Carefully read them out to reach the exact roots of this annoying multi-user hosting error in the QuickBooks Desktop application:
- The error may occur when the essential QuickBooks component files, including the Transaction Log File (.TLG) and Network Data File (.ND), are corrupted or damaged.
- When QuickBooks fails to trace the IP address of your server computer, it results in a multi-user network glitch.
- Poor multi-user hosting configuration is another one of the most evident factors causing the QuickBooks error code H303.
- Often, the Firewall Defender can block the multi-user hosting settings that make users face issues while accessing the QuickBooks company files.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager and QBCF services must be active, or else it may hamper your multi-user QuickBooks hosting settings.
How to Detect the QuickBooks Company File Error?
You can easily detect the attack of QuickBooks company file error H303 by noticing the following issues in your system and application:
- The continuous popping of the error message error H303 in QuickBooks on your screen can be the first sign to notice the error attack.
- If your QuickBooks software has started running slow or freezing frequently, consider it as a sign of the error.
- You can also detect the QuickBooks error H303 if you continuously face issues while accessing your QuickBooks company data file.
- When you fail to start your multi-user settings in QuickBooks to access the company file located on the server computer, it’s due to the error code H303 in QuickBooks.
- Another sign to verify the existence of the error H303 in QuickBooks is the issue while opening the Windows Operating System on your computer.
What Steps Can Fix the Issue of Error H303 QuickBooks Desktop?
In this section, we have explained some of the most effective steps that you must take to fix the error H303 QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the directions below and continue eliminating the issues hampering your multi-user QuickBooks.
Error Fixing Method 1 – Modify your Firewall Defender Settings
As we have noted before, Firewall Defender sometimes blocks the QuickBooks multi-user settings, resulting in technical errors. Thus, it’s better to change these Firewall settings.
- Firstly, you’re required to navigate to your Windows Start Button and continue choosing the Control Panel option.
- From here, choose the Firewall Authentication, and hit the Allow a program through the Firewall option.
- Once you have done this, navigate to the Exception list. After this, click the Add Programs button under this list.
- Finally, hit the Add QuickBooks 20XX option, and it’s done. (Here, XX denotes the year version of the QuickBooks application.)
- Now, try to locate or access the QuickBooks company files using the multi-user hosting settings. If you still receive the error H303 QuickBooks, try another given method.
Error Fixing Method 2 – Double-Check QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting Settings
Indeed, the incorrect configuration of the QuickBooks multi-user hosting settings hamper users while accessing the company file located on the server computer. So, double-check these settings with the given procedure.
- Firstly, open the Run Window on your computer. (For this, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.)
- Now, in the Run Window dialogue box, type MSC and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- After this, search for Services. msc, and continue scrolling up and down to look for QuickBooksDBXX.
- Once you locate the QB DBSS service option, double-click the same, and if the Standing mode is already running, the repairing process will automatically start.
- However, if you are unable to continue with the above steps, follow these points:
- Hit the recovery tab.
- Now, start searching for the QBCFMonitorService and select the same.
Error Fixing Method 3 – Utilize QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the QB Tool Hub
If the above solution hasn’t worked for you, you can get help from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The Tool Hub has QuickBooks File Doctor Tool that can effectively fix the company file issues, and so the QuickBooks company file error H303.
- Make sure you have installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your server computer. If not, then download and install the Tool Hub by visiting Intuit’s official website.
- From here, download the Tool Hub and double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file from the browser’s download section.
- Now, you will see the on-screen prompts to start the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation successfully.
- Follow the prompts, hit the Next button, and wait until the installation ends. Once the process is over, click the Finish button.
- Now, before you open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, ensure that the configuration settings are proper or not.
- After confirming the same, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Company File Issues tab.
- Here, you will find the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Click this tool to run, and it will then and there automatically start scanning the error.
- Just select the company file in which you’re facing the access issues, and the tool will fix the root problem.
Related Page: QuickBooks Error Code 15106
That’s the end of this blog. We hope this insightful guide has helped you fix the annoying QuickBooks error H303. If you face any issues while applying the above-given methods, you can approach our QuickBooks experts for further help. Our professional team will immediately assist you via Live Chat Support.