In the accounting field, QuickBooks has gained immense popularity as it offers extraordinary features to simplify business financial accounting tasks. It also offers the multi-user mode feature that helps the users to work on the same data file simultaneously from different locations. However, users often might discover QuickBooks Error H505 while working in a multi-user environment.
At times, the users get stuck with QuickBooks Error Code H505 when something is creating issues while accessing a multi-user connection to the server. So, if you are facing this error and are looking for effective remedies to cure the problem, then we advise you to go through the entire blog.
Wondering how to regain access to the multi-user mode in QuickBooks by fixing the QuickBooks Error H505? Call us at 1-844-266-9345 and connect with our bizbooksadvice professionals to get the best results.
What Exactly Do You Understand By QuickBooks Desktop Error H505?
The QuickBooks Desktop Error H505 falls falls into the category of H series error that includes other errors also, such as H202, H101, and H303. This error is mainly caused when the users attempt to switch to the multi-user mode and they fail to do the same.
Usually, the error comes on Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8. However, QuickBooks Multi-user mode error H505 also pops up when the tries to open the company file that is stored on another server. When you encounter this error, an error window having the following error message appears on your screen.
“QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.”
What Are the Reasons That Give Rise To QuickBooks Error Code H505?
This error usually develops due to the below-mentioned points.
- The incorrect hosting is set up for the QuickBooks server that is hosting the company file.
- The Windows firewall settings or the antivirus programs are creating hindrances.
- The incorrect DNS settings are creating the problem.
- The host computer’s IP address can not be accessed easily.
- The damaged or corrupted.ND files will cause the QuickBooks error code h505.
- The DBXX service is not running.
Which Signs and Symptoms Help Me Determine H505 Error QuickBooks?
QuickBooks as you know the error and its prominent causes of the error, now it is high time to know the various signs and symptoms of the error. These early signs help in identifying the h505 error QuickBooks.
- The multi-user mode becomes unavailable.
- The application crashes again and again whenever you try to open the application.
- You are unable to open the company file that is stored on the server.
- An error window appears on the user’s screen.
- The computer freezes or does not respond to your commands.
What Should I Do to Fix Error Code H505 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Herein, we have described all the effective solutions to fix Error Code H505 in QuickBooks Desktop instantly. Ensure, you must perform all the troubleshooting steps in the same manner as written below to avoid further discrepancies.
Solution 1: Review the Services and Hosting
Whenever there is an issue with the hosting service of the QuickBooks server, then you will definitely face the error. The solution consists of two steps. Below, we have provided a detailed step-by-step process of the solution.
Instructions to Check the Services
Follow the below-mentioned steps to verify the services.
- The first step is to press the Windows + R keys together to one the run command of the system.
- In the box, type .msc and then press the enter key.
- After that, in the service window, look for the QuickBooks DBXX service.
- If the QuickBooks DBXX service is not visible, then make sure that the Database server manager is installed on the server.
- After that, open the QuickBooks DBXX service and make sure that the service status has started.
- After that, click on the recovery tab.
- Finally, tap on the save button to make the changes visible.
Instructions Verify the Hosting
Once you have executed the above-mentioned steps, then you need to verify the hosting. The below-mentioned steps will guide you through the process.
- To begin the process, you need to open the QuickBooks on each hosting system.
- After that, tap on the file option and then choose the utility option from the list.
- In case the host multi-user access option is shown, it simply means that the system is unable to host the file.
- However, if you see the stop hosting multi-user access, then pick that option.
- After that, navigate to the company and pick the file that must be closed window.
- Finally, press the yes button.
Solution 2: Make the Necessary Changes to the Host Files
If you are unable to solve the problem with the help of the first troubleshooting method, then try to resolve the problem by editing the files on the Windows host. The below-cited steps will definitely guide you through the file editing process.
- To initiate the process, press the Windows + R keys together to open the run command of the system.
- In the box, type cmd and press the enter key to open the command prompt window.
- After that, type ipconfig/all and press the enter key.
- It will make the IP address and hostname visible on the screen. Write down the information somewhere.
- Close the QuickBooks and tap on the start key again.
- Now, choose the This PC option and follow the C:\Windows \ System32 \ Drivers\ Etc or C:\Windows \ Syswow64\ Drivers\Etc path.
- Further, open the host file on the notepad.
- Moving ahead, type the IP address and the hostname. While entering the information, make use of the tab bar instead of the space bar.
- Finally, verify the hosting changes and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Modify the Settings of the Network Ports Properly
At times the wrong port settings might create the problem. Thus, you have to configure the port settings to resolve the error. Take the guidance from the below-mentioned steps to change the port settings.
- Tap on the windows button and type the control panel in the search bar.
- To open the control panel you have to press the enter button.
- Further, choose the system and security option and then look for the Windows firewall defender settings.
- Here, right-click on the outbound settings and pick the new rules option from the drop-down list.
- Further, tap on the ports and then tap on the next option.
- Moving further, click on the TCP and enter the below-mentioned local ports.
- After that, click on Allow Connections and then press the next button.
- Provide a valid name to the outbound rule and then press the OK button.
- Lastly, press the finish button to end the process.
- Hopefully, your error is resolved.
Related Error: QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Solution 4. Thoroughly Review the Services On Your Server
Herein, we have mentioned the proper instructions to go through the services on the server.
- First of all, hit the Windows key on your server computer and then launch the Run command window.
- Within the Run window, you must include, “services.msc” into the search panel and click OK to go further.
- Thereon, review the list of options thoroughly and tap the QuickBooksDBXX services. Also, you must choose the Auto tab for the startup type.
- Apart from this, you must confirm that the Status Type is set as “Running” or “Started.”
- Once again, hit the Windows key and the Recovery tab to proceed further.
- The users must verify that the services of First Failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failure are marked as running.
- Once the changes are made, hit the Apply tab and click OK to save the desired changes.
- Finally, you must go through the same process for the QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 5. Construct A New Folder For the Data File
- Start the process by preparing a new Replacement folder on your hosting computer.
- Afterwards, you must share the original folder and the Windows access permissions for sharing the data files.
- In the next step, copy the .qbw file in a multi-user environment into your recently generated folder.
- At last, try opening the data file in multi-user mode and check if you are still receiving the error.
Solution 6. Do the Proper Settings of Windows Firewall
- In the beginning, open the Run Command window using the shortcut keys i.e., Windows + R.
- In the upcoming screen, include “Control Panel” into the search console and hit the Enter key to go ahead.
- Afterwards, hit the System and Security option followed by the Windows Firewall and Network Protection.
- Thereon, choose the Advanced Settings option and pick the Inbound Rule.
- Moving further, go with the Port option and then hit the Next tab.
- Furthermore, you must confirm that you have chosen the TCP option and include the port of the QBDT version you are presently using.
- Finally, hit the Next button and relaunch the software to ensure that the changes are saved properly.
Solution 7. Try to Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Before you run the QBDBMgrN on your device, it is mandatory to get the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- After this, open the QB Tool Hub and pick the highlighted Network Issues tab.
- Thereon, choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager tab. For instance, if QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server, you must get it on your device by following the instructions on the screen.
- Soon after this, hit the Start Scan option to fix the issue with your data file. If you can’t get the data file, navigate to the folder that carries your file and hit the Start Scan option.
- Consequently, the database server manager will begin repairing firewall permissions automatically. Later, hit the Close button once the scanning part is over.
- Finally, launch the QuickBooks application on every workstation with the QuickBooks Error H505. moreover, you must also hit the File option and then shift to multi-user mode.
Drawing To a Conclusion!!
We hope that now you can easily work in a multi-user mode without getting QuickBooks Error H505. If this error is still bothering you, then instead of wasting your precious time, do call us anytime to grab the best possible assistance within the shortest time possible.