QuickBooks is a robust accounting application that caters to the need of small and medium-sized businesses. The sophisticated tools and features of the application attract users from across the globe. However, just like other applications, it is too open to various errors such as QuickBooks error h505. The error blocks the multi-user connection to the server. So, if you are facing this error, and are looking the effective remedies to cure the problem, then we advise you to go through the entire blog. In this blog, you will sail across the error, its causes, symptoms, and the various troubleshooting methods.
What Does QuickBooks Error H505 Mean?
The error falls into the category of H series error that includes other errors also, such as H 202, H 101, and H 303. The error usually occurs when you try to switch to the multi-user mode. Usually, the error comes on Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8. Normally the error occurs when the tries to open the company file that is stored on another server. When you encounter this error, an error window having the error message “QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.” appears on your screen.
Potential Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code H505
This error usually develops due to the below-mentioned points.
- The incorrect hosting is set up for the QuickBooks server that is hosting the company file.
- The Windows firewall settings or the antivirus programs are creating hindrances.
- The incorrect DNS settings are creating the problem.
- The host computer’s IP address can not be accessed easily.
- The damaged or corrupted.ND files will cause the QuickBooks error code h505.
- The DBXX service is not running.
Signs and Symptoms to Identify H505 Error QuickBooks
QuickBooks as you know the error and its prominent causes of the error, now it is high time to know the various signs and symptoms of the error. These early signs help in identifying the h505 error QuickBooks.
- The multi-user mode becomes unavailable.
- The application crashes again and again whenever you try to open the application.
- You are unable to open the company file that is stored on the server.
- An error window appears on the user’s screen.
- The computer freezes or does not respond to your commands.
Ultimate Usable Techniques to Resolve QuickBooks Error H505
If you are facing the error and are looking up for usable solutions, then do not worry. Below, we have mentioned all the effective solutions to the error. There is more than one solution to the problem. You can pick any of the solutions based on the root cause of the problem.
Solution 1: Verify the Services and Hosting
Whenever there is an issue with the hosting service of the QuickBooks server, then you will definitely face the error. The solution consists of two steps. Below, we have provided a detailed step-by-step process of the solution.
Step 1: Verify the Services
Follow the below-mentioned steps to verify the services.
- The first step is to press the Windows + R keys together to one the run command of the system.
- In the box, type .msc and then press the enter key.
- After that, in the service window, look for the QuickBooks DBXX service.
- If the QuickBooks DBXX service is not visible, then make sure that the Database server manager is installed on the server.
- After that, open the QuickBooks DBXX service and make sure that the service status has started.
- After that, click on the recovery tab.
- Finally, tap on the save button to make the changes visible.
Step 2: Verify the Hosting
Once you have executed the above-mentioned steps, then you need to verify the hosting. The below-mentioned steps will guide you through the process.
- To begin the process, you need to open the QuickBooks on each hosting system.
- After that, tap on the file option and then choose the utility option from the list.
- In case the host multi-user access option is shown, it simply means that the system is unable to host the file.
- However, if you see the stop hosting multi-user access, then pick that option.
- After that, navigate to the company and pick the file that must be closed window.
- Finally, press the yes button.
Solution 2: Edit the Files on the Windows Host
If you are unable to solve the problem with the help of the first troubleshooting method, then try to resolve the problem by editing the files on the Windows host. The below-cited steps will definitely guide you through the file editing process.
- To initiate the process, press the Windows + R keys together to open the run command of the system.
- In the box, type cmd and press the enter key to open the command prompt window.
- After that, type ipconfig/all and press the enter key.
- It will make the IP address and hostname visible on the screen. Write down the information somewhere.
- Close the QuickBooks and tap on the start key again.
- Now, choose the This PC option and follow the C:\Windows \ System32 \ Drivers\ Etc or C:\Windows \ Syswow64\ Drivers\Etc path.
- Further, open the host file on the notepad.
- Moving ahead, type the IP address and the hostname. While entering the information, make use of the tab bar instead of the space bar.
- Finally, verify the hosting changes and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Configure the Network Ports
At times the wrong port settings might create the problem. Thus, you have to configure the port settings to resolve the error. Take the guidance from the below-mentioned steps to change the port settings.
- Tap on the windows button and type the control panel in the search bar.
- To open the control panel you have to press the enter button.
- Further, choose the system and security option and then look for the Windows firewall defender settings.
- Here, right-click on the outbound settings and pick the new rules option from the drop-down list.
- Further, tap on the ports and then tap on the next option.
- Moving further, click on the TCP and enter the below-mentioned local ports.
- After that, click on Allow Connections and then press the next button.
- Provide a valid name to the outbound rule and then press the OK button.
- Lastly, press the finish button to end the process.
- Hopefully, your error is resolved.
Related Error: QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Wrapping It Up
To put it to an end, we must say that QuickBooks is the ultimate accounting software having the advanced tools to streamline your financial work. Though, in certain instances, the performance of the software is hampered by some errors, such as error h505 QuickBooks. Hopefully, with the above-stated troubleshooting methods, you will be able to fix the problem on your own. If not, then instead of wasting your precious time, do call us anytime anywhere or you can connect us via mail or live chat.