As a business owner or a financial enthusiast, keeping the company data safe and secure is paramount. The slightest damage to the company data might cause a severe impact on the overall company’s productivity and growth. Imagine how it feels when the users fail to access their QuickBooks company file due to QuickBooks Error 6150. Isn’t it quite disappointing as it hampers the workflow? Fear Not, as you no longer have to face this problem.
However, if you are also stuck with Error 6150 in QuickBooks, we have shared all the possible causes and simple tricks to fix the issue in this post. So, whether you have much technical knowledge or not, you can use the stepwise institutions to fix the issue.
Are you looking for the best ways to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6150? Contact us anytime anywhere and get the issue resolved within the shortest time possible.
Get In-Depth Knowledge About QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006
Users might often end up with QuickBooks Error 6150, 1006 while creating or launching the company file. This error mainly indicates that there is some damage or corruption in the company file, due to which it fails to open. However, it is crucial to resolve this issue on time so that you can regain access to the data file and resume your work. The users might get the following error message on their computer screen on the arrival of the error.
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, 1006)”
Dealing with the QuickBooks Error Code 6150 isn’t as difficult as it seems if the correct troubleshooting methods are applied. But before fixing the error you must know the root causes behind the issue, which are discussed further to fix the error properly.
What are the Factors That Lead to QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
Knowing the causes behind the issue is important to find the correct troubleshooting method for QuickBooks Error Code 6150. Below, we have illustrated some of the prominent root causes of the error. Let’s read all of them properly to fix the error smoothly.
- Sometimes, it may happen when your QuickBooks company file has a different file extension than “.QBW”.
- Another cause may be an inappropriate installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- In other instances, it may occur when the Windows operating system or company file is infected with virus or malicious infections.
- At times, it may also evoke when the users try to access the data file that is damaged or corrupt.
Circumstances When You Observe QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
The following signs and symptoms will help you recognize QuickBooks Error Code 6150 1006.
- The users will get an error message on their computer screen as discussed above.
- Sometimes, it may happen when the users face difficulty accessing the QuickBooks company file.
- You might notice a sudden freeze or crashing of your Windows operating system.
- Moreover, it may also happen when your computer starts responding slowly to the inputs and user commands.
Quick Fixes To Overcome QuickBooks Desktop Error Instantly
Here, we have discussed some top-resolution methods using which you can easily handle QuickBooks Error 6150. Before moving to the troubleshooting part, make sure you have created the backup of the data file. Also, check that you are well-connected with a stable internet connection.
Resolution Method 1: Make Use Of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool, you can restore the damaged file or the one that is being lost. This is so you can safeguard your data from being damaged and resolve the QuickBooks Error 6150. So, to use this QuickBooks ADR tool, you must perform the steps explained below.
- In the beginning, establish a new folder on your desktop and give it a new name as QBTest.
- Soon after this, you must search for the .TLG files in your company file folder.
- Now, you have to copy the .TLG file from your company file folder and then paste it into the QB Test folder.
- Thereon, launch the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder that you will get within the company file folder.
- Next, copy the .QBW.adr file from the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder and paste into the QB Test folder.
- Move to the QB Test folder, right-click on the .QBW.adr file, and pick the Rename option.
- Subsequently, you must remove the .adr from the end of the file name and launch the QuickBooks application.
- You are supposed to launch the company file through the QB Test folder.
- Go to the File tab > Utilities > Verify Data to verify whether the issue is resolved.
- If you find this copy of the data file is good, you must transfer the company file to a different location. Then, copy the file from QBTest to its original location.
Resolution Method 2: Restore the Backup of Your QuickBooks Company File
Sometimes, the users might end up with QuickBooks error 6150 due to corruption in the company file. So, by restoring the backup of the data file will restore your data to that point from where you have started when there are no issues.
- Begin the process by launching the QuickBooks Desktop application on your device.
- After this, click the File tab and tap the Open or Restore Company File option.
- Thereon, pick the Restore a Backup Copy option and then hit the Next option.
- You must place a checkmark next to the Local Backup option and proceed further.
- Subsequently, you must search and choose the backup of your data file.
- Now, you must click the Open button followed by the Next option.
- You must tap on the “Save In” drop-down menu box and pick the location where you wish to restore the backup of the company file.
- You must add the file name and hit the Save button in the File Name field.
- From the window of Confirm Save As, tap on the Yes button and go further.
- At last, tap on the Yes option for confirmation from the Delete Entire File window.
Resolution Method 3: Verify the Presence of CryptoWall
The Cryptowall is a virus that might enter your device through the trojan horse and affect your company file. As a result, it might end up with QuickBooks Error Code 6150. You must implement the following instructions given below.
- To commence with, hit the Windows key on your keyboard and insert “File Explorer” in the search field.
- Doing so will open the File Explorer on your computer screen.
- In the upcoming window, search and open your QuickBooks folder. You will locate your QuickBooks folder on the C: drive.
- Next, you have to browse for the files that comprise of the words such as “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
If you can’t find the files that best suit the description, you must consult with the antivirus provider to erase the Cryptowall virus.
Resolution Method 4: Launch the Sample Company File Installed locally
You must apply the following instructions given below to launch the sample company file installed locally.
- Begin the process by launching the QuickBooks application without the company file.
- Afterwards, you must tap on the Open Sample file option.
- Next, you must pick any of the company file.
- Later on, hit the OK tab and then proceed to the next step.
- Finally, tap on the Yes tab when prompted to update the sample file.
Resolution Method 5: Install the Latest Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
Getting the latest QuickBooks Desktop updates will help you get the updated features and functions of the application. Thus, it also helps the users to avoid QuickBooks Error Code 6150. Follow the procedure explained below attentively to get the best outcomes.
- Firstly, you must sign-in to the QuickBooks application using the proper administrative rights.
- After this, move to the Help menu and choose the highlighted Update QuickBooks option.
- Thereon, tap on the Selecting the updates to download option.
- Following this, hover your cursor over the Get Updates option.
- Once you have successfully installed the updates, choose the Install Updates option.
Resolution Method 6: Perform the Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
If the above-listed solutions couldn’t fix the QuickBooks Error 6150, you must use the clean install tool. For this, you must apply the instructions explained below.
- First of all, you must press the Windows key on your keyboard to bring the Start menu.
- After this, choose the Control Panel and hit the Uninstall a Program option.
- You are supposed to pick the QuickBooks application and tap on the Uninstall/Change the app option.
- Proceeding further, click Uninstall and go through the instructions given on the screen for erasing the application.
- Thereon, you are supposed to download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Subsequently, you must mark the checkbox next to the “I accept and continue” option.
- You must pick the appropriate QuickBooks version and then hit the Continue option.
- Next, tap on OK and then install the QuickBooks on your device and try to open QuickBooks to verify if the error persists.
Resolution Method 7: Resolve the Company File Errors Via QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The users can utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix the damage in the company file. Before using this tool, make sure you have downloaded the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- Once you have successfully installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open it on your device.
- After this, tap on the Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and move to the Company File Issues tab.
- Now, you must opt for your company file in the File Doctor. Then, opt for Check File Damage Only followed by Diagnose File option.
- Once you have successfully repaired the file using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, verify whether you can use it in QuickBooks.
Related Page: QuickBooks Error H202
Wrapping It Up!!
Through this blog’s help, we hope that you have gained immense information to overcome the QuickBooks Error 6150. However, if you can’t fix the error after performing the solutions listed above, get help from our professionals. You can get in touch with them through the live chat facility and obtain the best guidance within the shortest time possible.