With the beginning of the new financial year, it is essential for the QuickBooks users to close their accounts. However, closing the books at the end of the fiscal year is not mandatory as it might avoid any accidental changes that might hamper your reports.
Moreover, QuickBooks allows its users to set the closing date password so that they can measly modify their past books that require passwords. Continue reading this entire post attentively to gain in-depth knowledge to change the closing date password in QuickBooks.
Procedure to Set a Closing Date and Password in QuickBooks Desktop For Windows
Below are some simple steps to change the closing date password in QBDT for Windows devices.
- In the initial stage, opt for the Set Closing Date option from the Company menu.
- After this, navigate to the Set Date/Password option.
- Now, you are supposed to add the Closing Date and Closing Date Password in their respective text fields.
- Then, hit the OK button to shut down the window.
- Once you have successfully set a closing date and password, you will get a notification that consists of the following factors when you void.
- A transaction date before the closing date.
- An expense type of account.
- Next, tap on the Yes option so that QuickBooks can easily generate two journal entries for you. As a result, it will balance the accounts affected by the check.
Note: Establishing the journal entry is not an important step; it is optional step. So, you may also skip that point. Furthermore, you can still void the check if required.
Procedure to Set a Closing Date and Password in QuickBooks Desktop For Mac
Here, we have explained the simple process of instantly changing the closing date and password in QuickBooks Desktop For Mac.
- Primarily, opt for the Users and Passwords option from the Company menu.
- Afterwards, head towards the Set Closing Date from the Users and Passwords column.
- Now, you are supposed to insert the Closing Date and a Closing Date Password.
- Then, tap on the OK button to exit from the window.
- Finally, you have to shut down the Users and Passwords window also.
Stepwise Instructions to Change Closing Date Password in QuickBooks Online
Go through the below-listed pointers attentively to change the closing date password in QuickBooks Online.
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks Online application and hit the Settings menu to proceed further.
- Head towards the Company Settings option, followed by the Advanced tab.
- Afterwards, hit the Edit button from the Accounting section.
- You are then supposed to change the closing date.
- If you wish to change the password, then pick the highlighted New Closing Date Password.
- Once you confirm the password, tap on the Save button.
- In the end, hit the Done button to save the changes made.
Detailed Instructions to Remove Closing Date Password in QuickBooks Desktop
As discussed above, setting the closing date and password might safeguard you from accidental changes. But you might have to remove the closing date and password in the future. You can do so by implementing the instructions listed below.
- In the beginning, move to the Accounting menu and proceed to the next step.
- Following this, head toward the Preferences tab.
- Thereafter, you have to choose the Company Preferences option.
- Afterwards, navigate to the current “Closing Date”.
- Now, you have to select the button to Set Date or Password.
- As a result, it will launch the window to set the Closing Date/Password.
- Next, you can easily Delete the Date from the field for the Closing Date.
- Finally, hit the OK button and save the required changes made.
Summing It Up!!
With the help of this detailed guide, you can now change the closing date password in QuickBooks easily. However, you can communicate with our highly-skilled professionals for quick assistance if you still have any doubts. You will get all answers to your queries within the least time applicable.