Usually, users might confront issues while running the QuickBooks Desktop due to a lack of disk space on their hard drive. As a result, they won’t be able to run the software seamlessly on your device. Therefore, deleting and free space is essential to work with the QuickBooks software hassle-free.
Furthermore, we have covered all the essential details in this informative post regarding how to delete & free up space in QuickBooks Desktop.
Stepwise Instructions to Delete & Free Up Space in QuickBooks Desktop
Here, we have provided the proper stepwise instructions to delete and free up space in QuickBooks. Ensure that you follow the instructions in the same manner as listed below.
Also Read – Conquer QuickBooks Bank Error 105
Stage 1: Verify Your Hard Drive
Before making necessary changes, look at how much free space you presently have on your drive. QuickBooks requires a minimum of 1 GB of RAM to install and at least 2.5GB to work the software seamlessly.
- Primarily, hit the Start menu and insert “File Explorer” within the required text field.
- Eventually, it will open the File Explorer window on your computer screen.
- Choose the My Computer from the navigation bar. Sometimes, you will get this option stating, “This PC”.
- Afterwards, right-click the hard drive icon, mainly C: drive. Then, opt for the Properties option.
- Within the Properties window, you will know how much free space you have in your windows.
Stage 2: Make the Appropriate Space on your Hard Drive
We have mentioned different ways to clear up the hard drive space here. Once you have made the relevant space on your hard drive, you can proceed further with your ongoing task.
Tip: It is best if your hard drive has at least 2 GB of free space to run the QuickBooks application seamlessly on your device.
Clear Up Your Disk:-
For instance, if you have multiple files in your downloads folder or recycle bin, you must utilize Disk Cleanup to make the space.
- Initially, tap the Start menu and write “Disk Cleanup” within the search box.
- As a result, it will open the Disk Cleanup dialogue box on your screen.
- In the following window, you must pick the drive you wish to clean up and hit the OK button.
- Beneath the Files to Delete column, you must choose the files you want to remove. To obtain the file type description, you must select it.
- Finally, hit the OK button, and it will remove all the unnecessary fields from your device.
Clear Up Temp Folder:-
Alternatively, you may remove the field from the Temp folder to vacant some space on your drive. Before initiating the process, log into Windows with the proper administrator credentials.
For Windows 11 users:-
- In order to restore the Microsoft Store, follow the steps below.
- You must reach the Start menu and tap on the Settings menu, followed by the System option.
- Afterwards, go to Troubleshoot > Other Troublelshooters > Windows Store Apps > Run.
- To remove the cache of the Microsoft Store, go through these steps;
- Launch the Run menu by typing Run in the search column of the Start menu.
- After this, insert “wsreset.exe” within the search box and click Ok.
- It will launch the Command Prompt window, and Windows will close automatically after ten seconds. Later on, it will open automatically.
Remove the Programs That Aren’t In Use Anymore
Before deleting any other applications, removing the ones you won’t use anymore is best.
Repair Options Through the Settings Page
QuickBooks allows you to repair some apps and programs that aren’t working appropriately.
For Windows 11:
- Initially, go to the Windows Start menu and select the highlighted Settings option.
- After this, hover your cursor over the Apps option followed by Apps & Features.
- You are supposed to hit the More: icon that is available beside the application you wish to fix.
- Proceed further by tapping the Advanced Options link beneath the application’s name.
- From the next page, choose the Repair option if it is available. If the option isn’t visible to you and you won’t be able to resolve the problem, opt for the reset option.
Repair Options Via Control Panel
- Initially, launch the Control Panel on your device.
- Afterwards, go to the Programs option, then Programs and Features.
- Next, you must right-click on the program that you want to fix and opt for the Repair option. If this option isn’t visible, navigate to the Change option.
- Furthermore, go through the instructions on the screen to complete the repair process.
Clean Up Your Photos and Documents:-
For instance, if you have deleted the temporary files and unused programs and still require additional space in your hard drive. In that scenario, you must transfer the photos and documents to an external hard drive. This is so because photos and media files might occupy much storage space and hamper the QB application’s proper functioning.
Summing It Up!!
At this point, we end this entire post, and we hope you can now easily delete and free up space in QuickBooks. However, if you are struggling while making free space consult with our professionals through the live chat facility. Our BizBooksAdvice professionals will offer you the best possible assistance within the least time applicable.