QuickBooks is an excellent accounting application that allows users to handle their important business accounting tasks efficiently. Besides, it helps users download their bank transactions, thereby eliminating the need for manual entry. However, when using the bank feature, users may encounter QuickBooks Bank Error 105.
This error crops up when connecting to the bank account. There are several possible factors that can evoke this problem that need to be eradicated for error fixation. Read this post until the end to explore the best troubleshooting solutions.
What is QuickBooks Bank Error 105?
QuickBooks error code 105 is a bank error in the program, which occurs when you try to open the bank but fail to connect with it. A warning message accompanies the error and shows up with the text:- “Oops, something went wrong. We can’t connect to your bank. Please try again later. (105)”.
The error mainly occurs when there is a problem with the bank server. Sometimes, it can be an outdated version of the QuickBooks application, which promotes the error. Well! Fret not, as this post covers it all for you.
Symptoms of Bank Error 105 in QuickBooks
When the error occurs, you can determine it by the below-given symptoms:
- You may not be able to proceed further with the banking feature.
- An error message will show up on the screen, describing the issue.
- You need to perform the relevant solutions to get rid of the error.
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Bank Error Code 105
If you are facing bank error 105 in QuickBooks but are not sure how to get it resolved, your first step will be listing the possible reasons behind the error. Below is the list of possible reasons that can evoke this error.
- Error with the bank server is one of the most apparent reasons behind the error.
- Running an outdated version of the QuickBooks application can make it prone to banking errors in the program.
- Entering inappropriate login credentials can also evoke the error 105 in QuickBooks.
- Make sure that the Internet connection is intact, or the error is expected to occur.
- If the downloaded or imported file gets deleted, you may get the error on your screen.
Preventive Steps To Keep Banking Error 105 At Bay
Error resolution is definitely an annoying process; therefore, you need to consider these preventing steps in the first place. Check below:
- Keep QuickBooks Updated: Regularly check that your QuickBooks software is up to date. This helps prevent compatibility issues and ensures the smooth performance of the program.
- Use Strong Passwords: Using a strong password is an effective way to secure your account from undesired intrusion and ensure the security of your financial data.
- Establish A Stable Connection: When accessing your bank account from within the QuickBooks application, make sure that you have a stable Internet connection.
Solution 1: Verify Your Login Credentials
The first step in fixing QuickBooks bank error 105 is to verify your login credentials. You need to verify and make sure that the entered username and password are correct. If you are unable to recall the password, you need to retrieve your banking password in order to eliminate the error. After verifying your credentials, if the error continues, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release Available To Download
When using QuickBooks, you need to regularly check if a new update is available or not. Using an outdated version of the program can give rise to a myriad of technical issues and can evoke compatibility issues as well. QuickBooks Bank error 105 is also one of the possible results of using an outdated version of the program. To update QuickBooks:
- When in Program, navigate to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop to move ahead.
- Thereafter, you need to follow the on-screen update prompts to get it done and install the latest QuickBooks updates.
Solution 3: Check Your Internet Connection
Also, slow server response or sluggish Internet connection is also one of the possible reasons behind the arrival of the error. However, the error can be avoided by ensuring that your Internet connection is strong and stable. Try disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet or restarting your router to improve the connection.
Solution 4: Clear Cache And Cookies
Clearing the cache and cookies on your web browser can also help fix QuickBooks bank error 105. This is because the cache and cookies can store outdated information, leading to compatibility issues. To clear the cache and cookies:
- In your Internet browser settings, select Clear browsing data.
- Once done, choose the time range and the type of data you want to clear, then click Clear data.
Solution 5: Disable Firewall And Antivirus
If the above steps fail to fix QuickBooks bank error 105, try disabling your firewall and antivirus temporarily. Sometimes, these security programs can interfere with the QuickBooks software, leading to compatibility issues. To disable the firewall and antivirus:
- Navigate to your computer’s settings and select Security and Privacy.
- From there, you can turn off the firewall and antivirus temporarily.
The solutions explained in this post are tried and tested methods that can help you in the removal of QuickBooks online banking error 105. However, if you are still experiencing the error and finding no way to fix it, contacting BizBooksAdvice helpline. On connecting with our trained expert, you can get the QuickBooks Online bank error 105 resolved in no time.