Have you been in a situation where you are thinking about how you can print checks in QuickBooks Online after creating checks for expenses? If yes, this guide will provide proper step-by-step instructions to do the same. However, before printing the checks, you must ensure that the print settings in QuickBooks Online are configured properly.
Moreover, you must verify that the checks have been aligned properly. Thus, it would help you to print checks efficiently without encountering any issues.
Need more knowledge about how to set the print settings in QuickBooks Online and need expert supervision? Call us anytime anywhere and let the users resolve the issue on their end quickly.
Pre-Requisites Required For Printer Setup in QuickBooks Online
Follow the points listed below for a smooth printer setup in QuickBooks Online.
- Ensure that you have inserted the paper into your printer properly. Also, confirm that the paper is not folded or torn.
- Check that you have linked your printer with your computer accurately.
- You must have a good internet access.
- Verify your Check Type and ensure whether it is compatible with your device.
Steps to Change Print Settings For QuickBooks Online Effortlessly
Following is the procedure that will assist you to change print settings for QuickBooks Online. Ensure that you apply the steps in the same manner as it is instructed below.
First Instance: Setting Up of Print Checks
- To begin the procedure, you must insert some blank papers into your printer for testing. Doing so will help you from wasting the actual checks if you need to resolve the problem of check alignment.
- After this, navigate to the New option and hit the Print Checks option.
- Move to the Print Setup and choose the preferred Check Type, Voucher, or Standard.
- Thereon, you must choose the View Preview and Print Sample and hit the Print option.
- Go further with the instructions given on the screen to wind up the process of printing sample checks.
- Thereon, place the sample print beneath the blank check. You must ensure that the alignment has been done properly.
You can print it on your regular paychecks if it has lined up appropriately.
Second Instance:- Conduct the Installation Or Upgrade of the Adobe Acrobat
For instance, if the sample print alignment doesn’t match the blank check, it is advised to use Adobe Acrobat to print the checks. The users might require the Adobe Acrobat application for printing the Standard and Voucher Checks. Follow the complete procedure below to download and set it as your default PDF viewer.
- Initially, tap on the + New option > Print Checks > Print Setup option.
- After that, navigate to the No, Continue setup option to proceed further.
- Now, you must pick the most updated version of the Reader link. This link will redirect you to Adobe’s page, where you can download the updated Acrobat Reader version.
- Once you have installed the Acrobat successfully, move to the QuickBooks application.
- Thereon, choose the link stating “How?” to set the Adobe Reader as the default PDF viewer in your browser.
- Now, hover your cursor over the QuickBooks application and hit the View Preview and Print Sample.
- In the next step, hit the Print option and apply the on-screen guidelines to end the printing of your sample check.
- At last, verify the alignment of your sample against the bank check.
- If you spot that the alignment looks fine, you are all set to print checks.
Third Instance: Fine-Tune the Alignment of Your Check
- Primarily, choose the + New option, Print Checks, and then the Print Setup option.
- Afterwards, hit the No, Continue Setup option and again tap on the No, Continue Setup option.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the Check-In Alignment window. Herein, you can make the changes regarding the margin for the alignment of the checks.
- Once you have set the grid, choose the highlighted “View Preview and Print Sample” option followed by Print.
- Act according to the instructions on the screen to print your sample check.
- You are supposed to verify the alignment of the sample again with the blank check.
- Now, pursue the grid alignment process once again and print as many times as you wish until the check alignments are down properly.
- Finally, hit the Finish Setup option and check whether you can print checks appropriately.
Fourth Instance:- Configuration Of Your Printer Dialog Box
The users should adjust the scale on their print dialog box if the sample print is still disabled.
When you hit the Print option in the QuickBooks application, you will see the default print dialogue box displayed on the screen. Based on your setup, this can be the print dialogue browser from the browser, Adobe Acrobat, or the printer driver. However, the procedure for adjusting the scale or the page size differs for every printing experience.
Below, we have described some tips for adjusting your tool’s scale.
- You must know the complete details regarding adjusting the print scale in Adobe Acrobat.
- Also, you must learn how to adjust the print scale in common Canon Printers.
- Moreover, you must also know how to scale or resize the printout in common HP printers.
- Above all, you will learn how to adjust the print scale in common Brother printers.
Related Page: Delete Data and Start Fresh in QuickBooks
Drawing to a Conclusion!!
Changing the print settings in QuickBooks Online has become easier by following the steps mentioned above in this blog. However, if you are still finding any issues while printing checks, verify the print settings again and fix if there are any issues. If you require further assistance regarding the print setup, consult our professional immediately for a quick resolution.