Nothing can be more frustrating than getting stuck in the middle of an important task due to some technical hiccups. Isn’t it? Similarly, users can face the same when they won’t be able to proceed further with their ongoing business tasks while operating QuickBooks. Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is the highly recommended software, but it is still prone to certain technical bugs. Users might end up with QuickBooks Error QBWC1039 while integrating the apps.
At times, the users might encounter this issue when you have changed the company file location, which is difficult to access. However, to know details about the QuickBooks Error Code QBWC1039, you must stick to this post till the end.
Are you sick and tired of finding the appropriate solution to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039? If yes, call us anytime and talk with our professionals to resolve the issue within the shortest time applicable.
What Do You Understand By QuickBooks Error QBWC1039?
QuickBooks Web Connector is an application that allows users to link third-party applications with the QuickBooks application. But, sometimes, users end up with QuickBooks Error QBWC1039 when they fail to connect the application with QuickBooks.
On the occurrence of the error, the users might encounter any of the following error messages:
- “QBWC1039: If the QuickBooks company data file is not open.”
- “QBWC1039: If the QuickBooks company data file is not open, a call to the ‘BeginSession’ method must include the name of the data file.”
- “QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QBWCLog.Txt for details.”
- “QBWC1039: This application does not have permission to access the QuickBooks company data file.”
- “QBWC1039: This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data before.”
- “QBWC1039: Unable to add FileID to company file for this Application.”
- “QBWC1039: Unique OwnerID/FileID pair value required.”
What are the Major Causes Behind the QBWebConnector Error QBWC1039?
It is important to understand the prominent causes that might lead to QBWebConnector Error QBWC1039 so that you can fix the issue efficiently. Therefore, to give a clear picture of the causes that might evoke this error, look at the pointers below.
- You may have changed the name of the QuickBooks company file.
- In other instances, it may happen if the file is not compatible with the integration of a third-party application.
- You may have changed the location of your data file.
- Sometimes, you might encounter the issue when you have previously made several attempts to combine the QuickBooks company file.
- There is an improper internet connection network.
What Happens When QBWebConnector Error QBWC1039 Occurs?
On the occurrence of the QBWebConnector Error QBWC1039, the users might notice the following outcomes. Go through the below-listed pointers attentively.
- If you notice that the QuickBooks data file remains closed and fails to open on your device.
- You won’t be able to include the File ID with the company file.
- Sometimes, you may notice the sluggish performance of the Windows device.
- Also, you might observe the sudden freeze or crashing of the QuickBooks application.
- Users won’t be able to integrate the QuickBooks application with other third-party applications.
Simple Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1039
Are you looking for a simple process to overcome QuickBooks Error QBWC1039? If yes, then go through the simple resolution methods to resolve the issue efficiently.
Condition 1: When the Data File Name is Renamed or Location is Changed
- You can edit the name of the company file.
- In other instances, you may restore the file to its original location.
- If you spot a problem with the relocation, you must Generate a Backup of the file.
- Modify the company file again back to its original version.
Stage 1: Schedule the Backup of the Company File
- Initially, launch your device’s QuickBooks Desktop and move to the File menu.
- Afterwards, navigate to the Single-User mode and hit the File menu again.
- Thereon, tap the drop-down arrow and then pick the backup Company File option.
- In the next step, browse to the Create a Local Backup option and then choose the Local Backup option.
- Now, you must access the Backup window and hit the Browse button.
- After this, select the backup file and hit OK, followed by the Save button.
Stage 2: Restoration of the Backup File
- Primarily, launch the QuickBooks Desktop application and choose the File menu.
- Afterwards, browse to the Open or Restore the company file option.
- Now, click the Restore a Backup copy option followed by the Next button.
- You are supposed to look for the company file with the backup.
- Thereon, pick the appropriate location and choose the folder to save the restored file.
- Next, you must name the file according to your preference.
- Furthermore, launch the file and hit the Save button to complete the process.
Condition 2: When the Application Is Not Permitted to Use the QuickBooks Company File
- Begin the process by signing into the QuickBooks application.
- After this, ensure you have logged in to your device as an Administrator.
- However, if you are running QuickBooks in the multi-user mode, switch it to Single-User Mode. For this, hit the File menu and opt for the Switch to Single-User mode option.
- Now, you must tap on the Edit option from the menu bar.
- Go to Preferences> Integrated Applications > Company Preferences tab.
- Verify that you have unmarked the “Don’t allow any applications to access this company file” checkbox.
- As a result, you will see the SDK App Authorization pop-up on the computer screen.
- Afterwards, hit the Yes button and verify whether you can access the third-party application.
- Finally, click the OK button to complete the process.
Condition 3: When you need the File ID/Owner ID
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your device and get the CP3 tool downloaded on your device.
- Once you download the tool, open it by clicking on it twice.
- After this, move to the Select File option and locate the QuickBooks Company File to get the relevant IDs. Furthermore, you must open the same IDs on your device.
- You are supposed to hit the Remove Stamp option and then proceed further.
- As a result, you will obtain a particular pop-up regarding the QuickBooks Application Certificate. You will see it on your computer screen; click Yes and then the Continue button.
- Navigate to the Access Window Confirmation screen and hit the Done button.
- You must follow the instructions displayed on the screen and click the OK button.
- Consequently, you will obtain a Confirmation regarding removing the Owner ID and then hit the OK button.
- At last, shut down the CP3 tool and then try to add the third-party application with the QuickBooks application.
Related Page: QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Wrapping It Up!!
With this post’s help, we assure you that you can easily integrate the application into the accounting software without encountering QuickBooks Error QBWC1039. However, if you still get stuck while performing these solutions independently due to a lack of technical knowledge, consult with our professionals. They will provide you with the best possible results within no time.