Nowadays, small and medium-sized businesses rely completely on accounting software to handle their complex business tasks. But, sometimes, the users might experience technical glitches and breakdowns while operating the software. Similarly, QuickBooks users also face technical issues like Unexpected Error in QuickBooks while operating the software. Well, what can be the main reason behind this error? Apparently, it mainly occurs while attempting to sign in to the QuickBooks Online Account.
However, if you are also experiencing the QuickBooks Unexpected error, you must fix it quickly to resume your ongoing task. Considering this, we have prepared this blog to inform you of all the causes and simple ways to fix the issue.
Does the Unexpected Error in QuickBooks is interrupting while exporting data? Connect with our professionals by placing a call us anytime and get your issues resolved immediately.
What Exactly Do QuickBooks Unexpected Error Mean?
As the name itself says, QuickBooks Unexpected Error occurs anytime without giving any prior notification or alert. The users mainly encounter this error because of the system or software-related issues. Several other factors are responsible for this error, which we will discuss further.
Recognizing the problem this issue might cause, we have explained all the simple hacks to overcome the Unexpected error in QuickBooks. However, to learn about this error in detail, you must stick to this post till the end.
Error Messages That Flashes On the Occurrence Of Unexpected Error In QuickBooks
On the arrival of Unexpected Error In QuickBooks, any of the following error messages appear on the user’s screen stating;
- “Unexpected Error = An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you try to experience this error, please note C = value and contact technical support. C= 32.”
- “QBW32: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor. DETAILS: QBW32 caused an invalid page fault in module APPCORE.DLL.”
- “Unexpected Error: An error has occurred in QuickBooks. C= 342. QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
Unexpected Error Has Occurred in QuickBooks- Responsible Factors
The users might end up with “Unexpected Error has occurred in QuickBooks” for numerous reasons. Therefore, it is essential to know all the possible causes behind the error to determine the exact reason. Thus, it would help you apply the right troubleshooting method according to it’s cause.
- Sometimes, the users might end up with an Unexpected Error in QuickBooks due to the inappropriate installation of Microsoft .NETFramework.
- You have used the wrong URL to enter into your account.
- Another reason could be damaged Windows users.
- If the users are accessing the QuickBooks data file, which is damaged, there is a high possibility of encountering this error.
- The folder containing the QuickBooks company file is either damaged or corrupt.
- There are certain system requirements to run the QuickBooks application smoothly.
Simple Hacks to Debug “Unexpected Result Code From Server” Error
Fixing the issue timely using the correct troubleshooting methods is necessary before it gets too late. Considering this, we have described all the resolution methods for the “Unexpected Result Code From Server” error. Furthermore, remember to perform the resolution steps in the same chronological order as written to obtain the desired results.
Fix 1: Accessing a Sample Company File
By launching the sample company file, the users can determine whether the issue is with the company file or with QuickBooks itself. But, if the users fail to open the sample company file and continue receiving QuickBooks Unexpected error.
Use the steps below to open the company file properly and get your issue resolved.
- The users first have to hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard and allow the QuickBooks to open on their device.
- Now, you must wait until you see the No Company Open window. Then, leave the Ctrl key and turn off the Windows compatibility mode if you get the error while opening the file.
- In the next step, users must navigate to “Open a Sample File” and then select any sample file from the available options.
- After this, if you observe that the sample file opens without giving any error, your company file is damaged. Therefore, to fix the damaged data file, users must take the help of the Verify and Rebuild data tool. Also, they must recover the company file through the backup to fix the errors.
- Switch off Windows compatibility mode if you get the error while accessing the files.
Fix 2: Disable the Windows Compatibility Mode
Most often, the users might end up with unexpected server error in QuickBooks when Windows isn’t compatible with QuickBooks POS. Therefore, turning off the Windows compatibility mode to fix the issue is important by performing the steps listed below.
- In the earlier stage, right-click the QuickBooks icon and hit the Properties option from the list.
- Thereon, move to the Compatibility tab and proceed to the next step.
- Afterwards, unmark the “Run this program in compatibility mode” checkbox and hit the OK button.
- In case you find that this option is already unmarked, then go to the next troubleshooting step.
Fix 3: Check the Minimum System Specifications
There might be certain instances when the users end up with unexpected errors in QuickBooks when there is insufficient storage space to run the application. So, to verify the system specifications, read the steps below.
- In the first place, press the Windows key on your keyboard and click the Computer icon.
- After this, tap the highlighted Properties option and move further.
- You are supposed to verify your system’s RAM. If you find less storage space to run the QuickBooks application, upgrade it to resolve the issue.
Fix 4: Allow the Reboot.bat File To Run
Running the reboot.bat file will help the users register their products again, like .dll and .ocx in Windows. So, to run this file, follow the instructions below and get your issue resolved.
- To commence with, launch the QuickBooks application on your device.
- Next, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and tap the Properties option.
- After this, look beneath the Shortcut tab and choose the Open File Location option.
- Thereon, pick the reboot.bat or reboot file from the available list according to your Windows operating system.
- In the next step, right-click the reboot.bat file to choose the Run As Administrator option.
- Afterwards, hit the Yes button to give the user account permissions.
- Consequently, you will get a Command Prompt window on your screen that will represent you in a different file scrolling.
- End the process by launching the QuickBooks application again and verifying if the error persists.
Related Page: Bookkeeping Software For Small Businesses
To Summarize the Above!!
We assure you that the resolution methods outlined in this post will help you deal with Unexpected Error in QuickBooks. However, if you still need help fixing the error, consult our professionals and get quick assistance. They will ensure that your issue will get resolved efficiently without any hassle.