The QuickBooks Error 1904 is a common installation error that occurs when you try to install the QuickBooks application in the system or add any QB-related file in the application. The possible causes due to which users encounter these errors are either corrupt QB files or settings or missing window components like .NET framework or MSXML files. Various troubleshooting measures are available through which users can easily fix error code 1904 and complete the installation process; you utilize the QuickBooks Tool hub, which can detect the possible cause for this error and take the respective measure in order to rectify this problem.
Other possible causes, along with the resolution method, are discussed in this article.
Common Causes Which Set off Error 1904 QuickBooks
Along with the corrupt application files or missing window component, so many causes can be there due to which user encounters QuickBooks Error 1904, some of them are listed below:
- There might be a pending update in your operating system due to which system files get corrupted and thus leads to QuickBooks error code 1904.
- You might not have administrator-level privileges in order to run the QuickBooks application.
- The Antivirus or any other security application installed in your system might be restricting the QuickBooks installation process or any other related file.
- Any kind of possible update in your operating system or change in the system setting might create an obstruction for the QuickBooks application to add any new file to the system.
- Technical issues related to computer hard drives might also trigger QuickBooks Error Code 1904.
Different Avenues to Rectify Error 1904 QuickBooks Desktop
Based on the possible cause due to which QuickBooks Error code 1904 has arisen in your QuickBooks application, a respective troubleshooting method can be taken which can fix this error.
Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
The first and foremost method to fix any technical glitches arising in the QuickBooks application is that you install the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Through this application, you can easily detect the root cause of any error or issues arising in your QuickBooks application. The same tool hub can be used to fix QuickBooks Error code 1904. For that, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub application in your system, for which the steps are listed below:
- From the official website of QuickBooks Intuit, you can easily find the link to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. From that, you can easily download the Tool Hub application. Also, you can easily find the link to download the QuickBooks Tolls from the support page of Intuit QuickBooks.
- The file for QuickBooks Tool Hub will be downloaded as “QuickBooksToolHub.exe.”
- Locate the files in the download where you need to double-click on them to start the installation process.
- To complete the installation of the QuickBooks Tool hub, agree to all the prompts and terms and conditions.
- Lastly, click on the option “Accept,” which will install the Tool Hub application.
Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to Fix Error 1904
- You need to open the QuickBooks Tool hub where you can find the option Installation Issues.
- To fix the installation issues, there is an amenity present in the Tool Hub known as “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.”
- Run the tool which will detect the root cause of the error and start to fix it. Merely it will take more than 20 minutes to fix Error Code 1904. Thus, you need to wait in order to fix it.
- Once the diagnostic process has been completed, you need to restart the system and then try to install the QuickBooks application or the related file.
There are sure chances that now Error 1904 QuickBooks Desktop will be fixed easily. In case it does get fixed, then you can proceed to the next solution discussed below.
Manually Fix Window Component to Resolve QuickBooks 1904
Fix the missing Windows component, which leads to the QuickBooks Installation Error 1904
The next troubleshooting to fix the QuickBooks Error code 1904 is that you fix the following component in your system:
- .Net Framework
- MSXML Files
Repair Microsoft .NET Framework
The .NET Framework is the framework available in MS Windows, which provides the environment to run other applications in the operating system. External applications from sources other than Microsoft installed in your system are made using various programming languages. Thus there is a requirement to run them using a framework. Any issues with the .NET framework can create different situations due to which many applications cannot run or be installed in the system. To fix that, either you need to reinstall the .NET framework in the system or manually fix it in the system steps, which are listed below:
- You need to open the “Uninstall the Program” in the control panel and locate the option “Turn Window Feature On or Off” in order to fix the .NET framework.
- Locate .Net Framework on the list.
- Mark the check box which will turn on the .Net framework in your system.
- Save the changes and then click OK
- Afterward, restart your system.
Manually Repair MSXML in Your System to Fix Error 1904 QuickBooks Desktop.
Another major cause that can trigger not only QuickBooks Error 1904 but many others is the missing or damaged MSXML files. Technically speaking the MSXML files are the core services that any other application written in windows non-native languages like Java or Visual Basic script (VB script) to build windows based XML native application. To troubleshoot caused by the damaged MSXML flies, you need to re-register them, for which the steps are listed below:
- Register MSXML files in the 64-bit operating system:
- Open the command prompt in your system and then right-click on it to run it as administrator.
- Now, in the command prompt, type the following command to repair MSXML file to repair error 1904:
- In the final step, type “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” and then press enter, which can fix other QuickBooks installation error also.
- This will automatically register the MSXML files. After that, try to install the QuickBooks Desktop in your system.
For the 32-bit operating, type the given command directly in the command prompt.
Fix the QuickBooks Error 1904 if you are Using Bit Defender
The user having Bit defender in their system needs to add QuickBooks to the Bit Defender Exclusion List.
Fix the Installation Error when the error message refers to “QBversiontool.dll.”
In case the Error Code 1904 message refer to QBVersiontool, you need to check your permission as administrator. You can do that by just saving a notepad file (with text QBTEST) in the given folder:
“C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files”.
Related Page: QuickBooks Error H505
Different Precautions to Swiftly Complete the QuickBooks Installation Process
The QuickBooks Error Code 1904 is not the only installation error that can be triggered due to various factors, from system setting to pending updates or interference from any third-party application. So following are some precautionary measures to avoid any QuickBooks Installation Errors:
- Check for any window pending updates.
- Reinstall the Adobe Flash Player in your system.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus or security application in the system.
- Make sure you are installing the QuickBooks application with administrator privileges.
- Change user permission for the program files and allow for the following permission:
- Read & Execute
- List folder content
- Read & write
- Delete or uninstall the QuickBooks application or related folder and then download it again and start the installation process.
Summing it Up
Above, we have stated all the possible causes that can trigger QuickBooks Error 1904 in your accounting application. Along with that, we have also discussed some of the best resolutions to fix this QuickBooks installation error. Now for any further support, connect with the QuickBooks helpline number.