Do you also often face QuickBooks error 404 while working on QuickBooks? If so, do not worry! You’re not alone in this. Thousands of daily QuickBooks users encounter this issue while updating QuickBooks, using Bank feeds, or accessing other QuickBooks services. After meeting this error, we understand how tough it is to manage your workflow. Many times, the security software or Windows Firewall program of your system can provoke such issues. This blog will help you learn how to fix this disturbing QuickBooks glitch.
If you need professional assistance and expert guidance to address this annoying QuickBooks error, you can directly call us anytime anywhere via call or live chat.
What’s the QuickBooks Error 404 All About? A Brief!
If we take a close look at this error code 404 in QuickBooks, it’s a runtime error, and users can encounter it in different variables. Therefore, you may receive diverse error messages, including “QuickBooks update error 404,” “QuickBooks error 404 pages not found,” or “QuickBooks runtime error 404,” along with a supported text stating, “ ‘Error 404’ QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
As we have discussed above, the Firewall or other security programs can bring this issue. However, many more factors may give rise to this problem. So, let’s continue reading and first understand the factors causing this QuickBooks error.
Primary Factors Causing the Error 404 in QuickBooks
Below, we have discussed the prominent factors that may cause the error code in your QuickBooks application. Carefully look at these factors and troubleshoot the problem accordingly.
- An incomplete or corrupted QuickBooks installation can effectively contribute to the arrival of the error in QuickBooks.
- If any malicious software program installed on your computer deletes the necessary QuickBooks company files from your system, you may see error.
- Another reason for facing the error code in your QuickBooks application is the corrupted Windows registry.
- The malware attack or any other malicious virus infection can also invite QuickBooks error to your system.
- Improper internet connection is also a potential cause of this runtime error code in the QuickBooks application.
How Can I Detect the Presence of QuickBooks Error Code 404?
The following signs will help you sense and be aware of the attack of QuickBooks error code 404. Have a look to be prepared accordingly.
- The sluggish and poor performance of your Windows Operating System is one of the major signs of this error.
- Undoubtedly, the continuous flashing of the QuickBooks error message 404 in different variables will help you learn about the error.
- If you notice your computer is freezing after every few seconds, it’s due to the error code in the QuickBooks application.
- If you are not getting any response from the commands of keyboard tabs and mouse clicks, it’s also a sign of the error in QuickBooks.
- The continuous crashing of your computer system in which you’re using the QuickBooks application can also be due to this runtime error.
Quick Solutions to Deal With QuickBooks 404 Page Not Found Error
This section will let you fix the stubborn QuickBooks 404 page not found error by applying easy and quick troubleshooting strategies. Carefully go with the instructions, and continue.
Troubleshooting Solution 1 – Clean your System by Removing Junk and Temporary Files’
Indeed! The system junk and temporary files can also bring QuickBooks runtime and update errors, like error 404. Thus, perform the given method and eliminate this QuickBooks issue. For this:
- Navigate to your browser’s settings tab, and continue clearing the data by removing the cache and cookies of the sites you have browsed till now.
- Now, delete the temporary files from your system by opening the Run Window. (Press Windows + R) and get this window.
- Herein, type %temp%, and hit the Enter button. By this, you will get a new Temp folder window.
- Select all the temp files, right-click them collectively, and click the Delete button. In case any of these files are undeletable, ignore them.
- Finally, restart your computer system and try to run or update your QuickBooks application again. If you find the error 404 QuickBooks again, move to the next solution.
Troubleshooting Solution 2 – Check and Configure your Internet Settings
Of course, if your Internet settings block the Intuit and QuickBooks sites, it may bring QuickBooks issues, like error in QuickBooks. So, it’s better to check and configure the settings properly.
- Firstly, you must navigate to Internet Explorer and access the Tools and Internet options.
- In the next step, click the Security option and move to the trusted sites option. Here, you must add .intuit.com and .quickbooks.com sites to the list of trusted websites in your browser.
- Now, hit the Close option and click the OK tab. Following this, close the QuickBooks application and its related windows.
- Also, log out from the QuickBooks company file. Once done, restart your computer system, and retry to open your QuickBooks software and run the company file.
- Still receiving the QuickBooks error? Take help from the next given method.
Troubleshooting Solution 3 – Properly Configure your Computer System’s Settings
To boost the performance of your QuickBooks application and avoid issues like QuickBooks page not found error, you must configure the settings of your computer system. Let’s see how:
- Begin this troubleshooting method by first signing out from your QuickBooks company files.
- Close your QuickBooks software as well, and start updating your Windows Operating System.
- Now, restart your computer system. Once restarted, navigate to open your Internet Explorer browser.
- Here, you will see the Tools menu, click this menu and select the Internet Settings option.
- After this, hit the Advanced button and tick mark the TLS 1.0 and TLS 2.0 boxes from the bottom tab.
- Now, hit the OK button and close all the background running Windows software programs.
- Following this, open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R buttons. In this Run Window, enter MSConfig, and hit the Enter key.
- From this system configuration window, hit the General option and navigate to the Startup menu.
- Now, hit the Selective Startup button, and finally, restart your computer system. Try to open and run the QuickBooks software again.
Related Page: QuickBooks Error Code 6129
That’s all! We hope this insightful blog has helped you rectify the QuickBooks error 404. However, many users may find further technical bugs and doubts while troubleshooting the error using the solutions above. If you’re also the one, just connect with our team via Live Chat Support. Our professionals will immediately support you with thorough instructions to address such QuickBooks issues.