Have you ever encountered the issue of being unable to access your QuickBooks company file? Often, users notice that some of the names, items, accounts, entries, and other essential data need to be included or appear blank in specific lists or areas. It’s due to the QuickBooks missing name list problem. Forget it! This comprehensive blog has just been prepared for you to solve this problem.
Facing issues with the QuickBooks name list can be disastrous for users! If you want to approach professionals and get rid of this problem, reach out to our professionals.
QuickBooks Missing Name List: What’s this Error all about?
QuickBooks missing name list is an issue primarily considered as the result of any glitch in your QuickBooks internal database. Whenever a user can’t find any name in the QuickBooks name list, it’s due to this missing name list error. Internal technical glitches in your QuickBooks software make your QuickBooks company data file name disappear from the name list.
You may have noticed this problem in the lists, including customer lists, vendor lists, or other names lists. Also, you may see a blank space in several areas of the company file, such as business transactions, company reports, and centers’ predefined reports.
Well, there is nothing to stress much about as we have got some easy solutions to rectify this problem. However, knowing the reasons behind this issue in detail will help you figure out this error more. So, let’s continue!
Why Do You Face QuickBooks Name List Error?
Every error has some prominent reasons behind it, and so does the QuickBooks name list error. Have a look at the reasons written below and know why you are facing this problem:
- The damaged or corrupted Microsoft components, files related to the Windows registry, or QuickBooks desktop can be a reason for the missing name issue in the QuickBooks list.
- Viruses or any other meticulous infection from a third-party software can also bring errors to QuickBooks name lists.
- Improper or sudden computer system shutdown before your work is done also triggers issues in the QuickBooks name lists.
- If your QuickBooks software has been installed incorrectly or incompletely, you may not find names in the QuickBooks list.
- The accidental deletion of specific crucial QuickBooks files is another reason that makes you deal with the QuickBooks name list error.
Solution Guide To Rectify QuickBooks Name List Error
With some easy solution steps, you can avoid this annoying QuickBooks name list error. Carefully perform all the steps mentioned with the following methods:
Solution Method 1 – Fix the QuickBooks Name List Error with QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub can do wonders to help you solve common QuickBooks errors. Here are the instructions to look and fix the issue:
- Start this troubleshooting method by first opening your QuickBooks application and the company file.
- Now, press the F2 key to open the Product Information Screen. After this, go to the File section and find the Rebuilt option.
- Once you determine the Rebuilt date and time, restore the backup file that you have made before rebuilding your file.
- If you don’t have any idea about where the backup file is located, go to the Display Hidden Files folder and then locate the backup files using the Windows for Help in Searching option.
In case you can’t find the Rebuild option in the File versions, then perhaps your file has not been rebuilt. In such a situation, you can perform the following steps:
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- You will have some instructions displayed on your screen; follow them, and use the tool.
Solution Method 2 – Try to Rebuild your Name List and Fix the Issue
Try to rebuild your QuickBooks name list again from scratch. This solution can also help you fix the QuickBooks missing name list error. Here’s how you can rebuild your QuickBooks name list:
- First, create a backup company data file, and if you have already created one, make sure that it’s restored to a location where you can access it easily.
- Now, with the help of the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool, restore the lost data.
- Once you’re done with this process, send the Damaged Company Data File to the Data Recovery team.
- This step will bring you to the completion of the data repairing process, and the tool will fix the issue you are facing.
Note: Verify the information that you have restored and check the necessary details of the vendors, customers, employees, etc. After this, try to rectify the data damage on your QuickBooks company file.
Solution Method 3 – Carry Out a Clean Installation of your QuickBooks Desktop Software
The corrupted and damaged QuickBooks files are one of the notable reasons for errors in the QuickBooks name list. A clean installation of your QB software can help you avoid this issue. Look up the following steps:
- First of all, you need to download plus install the QuickBooks Tool Hub. If you already have it, open it, and move to the tab of Installation Issues.
- In the next step, under the Fix My Installation Issues, you will see a Clean Install Tool button; click it and continue.
- With this, you will initiate the clean installation of your QuickBooks software.
Solution Method 4 – Recover Recent Transactions with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
Use the initial dealing Log file and the company file with the ADR version to recover all your recent transactions. The ADR tool enables you to restore almost all your lost data (.QBW and .QBW.tlg files) during times of any data loss or failure. But, the tool is available in QuickBooks Premier, Pro, and Enterprise editions. So, if you are working on one of these versions, you will see an additional folder as QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery with .QBW.ADR & .QBW.TLD.ADR files.
Before you proceed with this troubleshooting method, you need to keep certain things in mind and these are:
- Users can’t utilize the info recovery within the controller editions.
- The file size must be with the limit of hardly 1.5 Gb
- Users must run the latest version of QuickBooks with the recent updates.
Now, continue with the steps to recover the transactions using ADR.
- Begin with this process by first creating a current folder named QBTest and saving it on your Desktop.
- After this, open the folder in which you have stored the QuickBooks company file.
- In this step, you need to search for the .tlg file. Once you find the file, save it into your company file folder.
- Now, continue to use the Auto Data Recovery Tool to restore the transactions.
In case you can’t find the .tlg file, indicate the file extensions. For this, you need to:
- First, open File Person by pressing the Windows + E keys and then select the Organize option.
- Now, choose the Folder option and search for choices. If you are a Windows 10, 8.1 & 8 user, you need to select the read option and then choose the file name extension.
- After this, click the Hide Extensions option for well-known file varieties. Now select the Apply option and click the OK button.
- In the next step, open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder and copy the .QBW.adr file.
- Paste this file into the QBTest folder, which you saved on your Desktop. Now, use your QuickBooks account register to check all the transaction area units in the file.
- In the next step, select the File option, followed by clicking the Utilities and Verify information to check the knowledge integrity of your recovered QuickBooks data file.
- It’s the final step to check if the company file’s copy is prepared or not. If yes, shift the corrupted company data file to a new place and move the file copy from the QBTest folder that you have made to the original location.
Solution Method 5 – Get your Computer System Back to an Earlier Date
It’s ok if none of the above methods have figured out the error. By restoring your computer system to an earlier date, you can prevent your system from being triggered by any malfunctions and rectify the QuickBooks name list error.
- Start this troubleshooting method by first opening the Run Window. You need to press the Windows + R keys for this.
- In the search bar of the Run Window, type “restrain” and continue to hit the Enter button.
- Now, you will see a System Restore window button, click this button, and after this, press the Next button.
- In the next step, select the System Restore point that is close to the date/time of the day when you did the modifications.
- Enter the Finish button to end this procedure.
The Final Thoughts..!
We hope all these troubleshooting methods have effectively helped you resolve the QuickBooks missing name list error. If you are still struggling with this issue and are not able to see the names in the QuickBooks name list, reach out to our QuickBooks experts. Our team will assist you professionally with in-depth guidance for your better understanding. Also, these troubleshooting procedures may invite further issues, so you can contact our professionals for further help!