QuickBooks is the highly-recommended software that streamlines the complicated day-to-day business accounting tasks. Despite being an extraordinary software, users might face issues due to damage in the QuickBooks data file. Therefore, to repair the damaged file, you can utilize the verify and rebuild data utility.
However, if you are looking for complete stepwise instructions to use the Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop, continue reading this post.
Different Errors That Can Be Fixed Via QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data Utility
Here is the list of some errors that you can fix by accessing the QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility.
- You can utilize the QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility to find the missing names or transactions within the list data.
- Fatal errors that the users might encounter while using QuickBooks Desktop.
- Discrepancies are the main reason that generates a negative balance to reflect in the invoice as well as bills report.
- If you won’t get all the accounts within the balance sheet of your company data.
- Already deposited payments emerge as payments to be deposited.
Stepwise Instructions to Run Verify & Rebuild Data Utility
Before initiating with the Verify and Rebuild data utility, it is essential you must consider the following things in mind.
- Ensure that you are running the upgraded version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Shut down all the applications running on the Windows.
Recent Post – Track Inventory in QuickBooks Online
Instructions to Verify Your Company Data
- Primarily, hit the Windows key from your keyboard and then tap on the Close All option.
- After this, go to the File menu followed by Utilities.
- Next, you must choose the Verify Data option when you see:
- QuickBooks detected no problem with your data – it reflects that your data is clean and you won’t have to perform any other step.
- An Error Message:- You must look for the error message on the QuickBooks Desktop support site to know how to resolve the error.
- Your Data has Lost Integrity:- You might find the data damage in your file. Thus, you are required to rebuild the data to resolve the issue.
Note: For the Assisted Payroll users, it has been advised that they must consult with the Assisted Payroll before trying to rebuild your data.
Instructions to Rebuild Your Company File Data
Go through the instructions given below to know more details on how to rebuild company data.
- In the initial stage, move to the File menu > Utilities > Rebuild Data option.
- As a result, QuickBooks will prompt you to generate a backup to the company data. Later on, hit the OK button. A backup is mandatory before you can rebuild.
- Now, you must pick the appropriate location where you wish to store the backup and hit the OK button. For this, you won’t have to replace the backup file. All you need to do is to insert a new name in the File Name column and click the Save button to proceed further.
- Opt for the OK button when you see the message on your screen stating Rebuild was completed.
- Thereafter, again move to the File > Utilities > Verify Data to verify for the additional damage.
- For instance, if the users finds out more damage, in that case you have to fix it manually. After this, look for the errors in the qbwin.log file on the QuickBooks Desktop support site for how to rectify it.
- If you are unable to find the error, you can restore the recent backup. After this, move to the File menu and then choose Open or Restore Company.
Note: You won’t have to replace your present data file. All you have to do is to add all the relevant details into your data file once again since the backup was created.
Verify And Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop For Mac
Below, we have described some simple steps to verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks Desktop For Mac. Check them out.
Steps to Verify Your Company File Data
Before you move further by rebuilding your data file, you must utilize the verify tool in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. using which you can easily scan your data file for errors or data damage.
- In the initial stage, move to the File menu and opt for the Utilities option.
- Soon after this, choose the Verify Data and hit the OK button to shut down all the windows. If you get the error message on your screen reflecting “Your data has failed the integrity check”, you are supposed to rebuild your file. If you don’t find any problems with your data, it reflects that everything is good.
Steps to Rebuild Your Company File Data
After doing the verification of your data, you can rebuild your data file to resolve any errors or data damages that are found.
- Firstly, move to the File menu followed by the Utilities option.
- After this, choose the Rebuild Data option and hit the OK button to shut down all the Windows.
- As a result, QuickBooks will prompt you to generate a backup before trying to rebuild your data file and click OK. If you don’t wish to generate the backup, tap on Cancel to proceed further with the process of rebuilding your data file.
- In case you haven’t scheduled any backup preferences, QuickBooks will prompt you to update the same. Then, hit the Backup Preferences option and make the necessary changes as per your requirement. Later on. Tap on the OK button.
- Once the backup is over, choose the Show in Finder to look for the backup. Otherwise, choose OK if you have completed.
- After the successful completion of the rebuild process, hit the OK button.
To ensure that your file doesn’t contain any errors or data damage, review your company file once again. If you still found any damages in your file, you are supposed to rebuild once again.
Hopefully, we assure that now you can easily repair the damage in the company file using the verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you still require any additional help, you can connect with our professionals.