Visualize yourself when you are dealing with your business finances using QuickBooks, and suddenly, the program QuickBooks has stopped working without any prior notification. You must be wondering why it happens. It might occur due to the missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file. However, several other factors might be responsible for this error.
If you, too, are struggling with the same issue, don’t panic. This guide will provide insightful knowledge about the issue in detail and the simple hacks to troubleshoot it. Thus, it would help you rescue your data from getting damaged or disrupted.
Don’t want to waste your time on the complicated procedure to fix QuickBooks has stopped working error? Ring us anytime and get your issue resolved under the expert’s supervision.
Get In-Depth Information About QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error
QuickBooks has stopped working error usually occurs when there is some damage in the Windows operating system. In other instances, you may observe this error when you try to open QuickBooks and it suddenly shuts down. As a result, it started throwing the error message on your computer screen stating:
“A problem caused the application to cease operating correctly or Windows is looking for a solution for the problem”.
Whenever the user encounters this error, they start experiencing sudden freezing, crashing, or software unresponsiveness. However, overcoming this issue in time to avoid data breaches is crucial. So, let’s begin reading this post and continue working with QuickBooks seamlessly.
Discussing the Reasons Why My QuickBooks is not Opening
Thinking why my QuickBooks is not opening while performing the crucial accounting task. If that’s the case, then don’t worry. Below, we have described all the possible root causes that might lead to this issue. Read the pointers given below thoroughly to get a better understanding of the issue.
- Sometimes, the issue may arise when operating the incompatible QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Problems with the QuickBooks installation could result in QuickBooks stops responding error.
- The interference due to the firewall or antivirus software is another reason that causes this issue.
- In other instances, it may happen when the company file’s name is too long.
- A damaged Windows operating system may be the reason behind this issue.
How Can I Determine QuickBooks Not Responding Error?
On the occurrence of the QuickBooks not responding error, the users might notice the following outcomes.
- You might notice that the active program window began to crash.
- The software stops working before you launch the QuickBooks dashboard and displays an error message.
- You won’t be able to launch the QuickBooks application, and thus, it prevents you from handling your daily business operations.
- Sometimes, it hampers the performance of the Windows device, and your system may start responding slowly.
What should I do When QuickBooks Not Opening After Windows Update?
Now that you have all the detailed information about QuickBooks Not opening after the Windows update issue, it’s time to fix it. Follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned below and tackle the issue without effort.
Resolution Way 1: Change the Name of the QBWUSER.INI file
Giving a new name to the QBWUSER.INI file will refresh the QuickBooks application, especially if it creates issues while opening. Making changes to this file can help you change the settings that might be problematic. Follow the procedure below thoroughly to modify the file name, which will help you deal with the error.
- Before you move further by renaming the QBWUSER.INI file, ensure that the QuickBooks application is closed.
- To locate the QBWUSER.INI file, navigate to the folder that carries your QuickBooks company file. You will find the QBWUSER.ini file within the same folder.
- Once you get the file, right-click it and hit the highlighted Rename option.
- Thereon, change the name by adding .OLD at the end of the file name so you can distinguish it from the older one.
- Relaunch the QuickBooks application to generate a new QBWUSER.INI file with the default settings.
- At last, check whether you are receiving the same error while operating the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Resolution Way 2: Configuration of the Bad Sectors of the Hard Disk Drive
Sometimes, the users can handle QuickBooks has stopped working errors by repairing the bad sectors on the hard disk drive. For this, you must carry on with the following steps. Check them out.
- Begin the process by launching the Windows File Manager on your device using the Windows + E keys.
- After this, go to the C: drive, right-click, and pick the Properties tab to go further.
- Beneath the Tools tab, navigate to the Check Now option.
- Thereon, mark the “Automatically fix file system errors” and the “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” option.
- In the next step, hit the Start menu. Then, wait until the Windows wind up with the scanning and the repairing process.
Resolution Way 3: Repair the damage in QuickBooks Program Via Quick Fix My Program
At times, users might confront QuickBooks has stopped responding errors due to issues with the QuickBooks program. So, to fix the issue, you must run the Quick Fix My Program and get the file repaired. Follow the steps explained below to wind up the process.
- Ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- After this, double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool.
- Also, you must go through the License Agreement and accept the conditions for using the tool.
- Once the installation is over, double-tap the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it on your system.
- Locate and choose the highlighted Program Problems option from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Thereon, browse the Quick Fix My Program tab and proceed further.
- At last, launch the QuickBooks Desktop, access your data file, and check if the error exists.
Resolution Way 4: Fix the Installation Issues Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
At times, the issues with installing the application might cause QuickBooks to stop responding error. So, repairing the issues in installing the software is important using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Before beginning the procedure, check that you have properly installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub using the steps above.
- After this, click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon from the desktop to open it.
- Thereon, move to the Program Problems and then hit the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, you have to wait until the tool scans and repairs the issues in installing the QuickBooks application.
Related Page: QuickBooks Bank Error 105
Drawing To A Conclusion!!
We hope you find this post helpful in dealing with the QuickBooks has stopped working error. Thus, it would help you in working on your important project using QuickBooks without getting any errors. If you are still facing challenges, you must contact our highly experienced experts for quick resolution.