Outlook is utilized by many QuickBooks users as an email manager. Once you join your Outlook with QuickBooks, it minimizes the complexity that users face while sending an email. The efficiency of the process increases drastically. But sometimes, users might end up with QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding Error. There are multiple reasons that provoke such errors that we have discussed in this blog. Keep reading to know more.
Why QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding?
There can be numerous reasons that can create QuickBooks Microsoft Outlook is Not Responding Error in your System. Below we have mentioned a few major ones.
- QuickBooks is not logged in in your System as an Admin.
- There might be some error in the email settings in the QuickBooks software.
- Moreover, inappropriate settings in Internet Explorer on Windows can also evoke QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding problem in your System.
- Incorrect installation of Outlook on your device.
- In case there is some corruption in your QuickBooks Desktop Program.
- There is some damage in the MAPI32.dll file.
Note: MAPI32.dll is an email configuration file.
- The QuickBooks Program is outdated.
- You might be using an incompatible version of Outlook.
- If the Microsoft Outlook program is running in the background, while you are sending an email using QuickBooks.
- You might have selected an inappropriate email preference.
- Your Operating System is not updated to the latest version.
Facts to Remember Before troubleshooting, Outlook is Not Responding Error in QuickBooks
Once you know the cause of the QuickBooks Microsoft Outlook Not Responding problem, not you can move ahead with troubleshooting steps. But before that, make sure to follow the mentioned points:
A. Change the System Settings
The first thing you can do is make modifications in your System Settings.
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks Desktop, and press the F2 button, followed by F3.
- This will open the Help box; after that, head to the Open File section.
- Next, you have to launch the QBW.INI file from the given options.
- Now, the File will open in Notepad; here, at the bottom of the text, you have to add a new line.
- Thereon, select the File, and then save it, and close the Notepad.
- Lastly, Launch QuickBooks again.
B. Update the MS Office 365 to its Newest Release
After making changes in the System settings, now upgrade to MS Office 365 to its latest release.
- Firstly, launch the Outlook Program, and tap on the File tab.
- Thereafter, choose the Office Account and head to the Outlook button.
- Now, ensure that the latest release of build 12527.20242 shows on the System’s screen.
- Next, download the newest release, and tap on the Update button.
- Choose the Update Now button, and try to open QuickBooks to send mail using Outlook.
What are the Steps to Rectify QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding Issue?
Now, let’s move ahead and learn the troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Microsoft Outlook Not Responding Error.
First Solution: Verify that the QuickBooks Software is set to Run with Administrative Credentials
If you are not able to send emails using your QuickBooks software, the first thing that you can do is check if the QuickBooks you are using has Admin credentials or not. To do so, check the steps mentioned below:
- At the beginning of the process, you have to right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Thereafter select Properties, and head to the Compatibility section.
- Next, unmark the checkbox that says Programming as Administrator button.
- Now, hit the Apply button, and tap on the Ok tab.
- Finally, reboot your System.
Second Solution: Examine the Internet Explorer’s Email Preferences
At times, users also encounter this problem due to some error in Internet Explorer’s preferences; thus, verify that as well.
- At First, shut down QuickBooks and other company files as well.
- After that, launch Internet Explorer, and hit the Gear box.
- Now, from all the available preferences, you have to select the Internet button.
- Launch the Program tab, and select Outlook as your Default email program in the setting box.
- Tap on Apply button, and then choose ok.
Now, once you have completed the above process, exit Internet Explorer, and send an email using QuickBooks. This is done to ensure that your problem is resolved or not.
Third Solution: Check the Email Preferences for QuickBooks
If your QuickBooks Setup Exe has Stopped working, then first check the email Preferences for QuickBooks.
- To begin with, launch the QuickBooks software.
- Select the Edit option, and a list of Preferences will appear on your screen; choose Send Forms.
- Next, tap on the My Preference option, and choose the Send Email option.
- Tap ok, and check if the QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding issue is fixed or not. If not, then you can follow the below set of instructions:
- Hit the Edit tab and head to the Preferences button.
- Select the Send Forms.
- Next, choose the My Preference option and select QuickBooks.
- Tap on Ok, followed by selecting the Edit tab again.
- Now, hit on Preferences, and choose Outlook, followed by hitting Ok.
- Close QuickBooks and open Outlook App.
- In the end, reboot the System, and try sending the email through QuickBooks.
Fourth Solution: Repair the Corrupted MAP132.dll File
In case a user is trying to email their Customer using the QuickBooks Software, but their MAP132.dll File is damaged, then they have to repair it immediately.
- In the initial stage, exit all the applications that are running on your Window.
- Next, launch the Window File Manager and head to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
- Now, look for the Fixmapi.exe file and double-tap on it.
- After finding the MAP132.dll file, head to QuickBooks and check if the QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding problem is resolved now.
Fifth Solution: Send Mail with the Help of QuickBooks Webmail
If none of the above methods work in your favor, and you are still stuck with QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding issue, then try to send the email using the QuickBooks Webmail.
- To start the process, go to the Edit section, and choose the Preference button.
- Thereon, verify and click on the Send Forms followed by selecting the My Preferences button.
- Now head to the Send Email Using menu, and choose WebMail Providers.
- Choose the option you want to use, and tap on the Add button.
- Provide the required information, and add your email account.
- Thereafter select the ok button and save the information you just entered.
- Hit ok again.
Now, your preferences are changed, and you can send the email easily via Outlook.
In a Nutshell!
In this blog, we have mentioned all the ways that you can follow to resolve QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding error. If you still need any help, you can consult our QuickBooks Professional via live chat. Simply answer all the Question that is asked and hit the Submit button. After that, a chat representative will join you to resolve your Query.
Also You Can Read:-