Everybody hates dealing with daunting errors! Aren’t you? But, if you know some easy and simple solution strategies, you can recover these errors easily. If you are using QuickBooks accounting software, the errors are unbearable and unacceptable since these can make blunders in your business operations. QuickBooks software is highly prone to many errors and bugs. Today, we will be talking about one such error, which is QuickBooks error 15214.
What if you are just about to end up with your seamless work and suddenly notice something odd in your QuickBooks application? You open the application, and an unexpected error pops up – QuickBooks error code 15214. Surely, you will start googling “What is QuickBooks error code 15214?” to get instant error-resolving solutions. Right? However, a complete guide with stepwise technical solutions will work more effectively than any advice. Therefore, first, have a brief introduction about QuickBooks error code 15214.
QuickBooks Error Code 15214: What’s It?
The QuickBooks error code 15214 is an error belonging to the QuickBooks 15xxx error series. It’s one of the most common error code series reported by many QuickBooks users. Users encounter this error while installing, updating, or opening their QuickBooks desktop. This error is also known as a payroll error that may occur while users download their required payroll updates.
It’s quite normal to feel frustrated when you are continuously following the instructions from the tech support team to solve the error and still not getting the error resolved. That’s why this guide will help you with simple solutions in steps, along with the possible reasons behind the error. Continue reading the entire blog until the end and get your QuickBooks application back to work perfectly. Let’s begin!
Look Also – Rectify Unexpected Error in QuickBooks
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15214 To Occur?
Knowing the reasons allows you to easily figure out the error before it starts disturbing your workflow. Agree? That’s why we have penned down the commonest reasons for this QuickBooks desktop or payroll error code 15214. Have a look!
- The incorrect or poor configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer is one of the prominent reasons for QuickBooks error code 15214.
- If your QuickBooks application fails to find or verify the digital signature of a file, it brings the QuickBooks error code 15214 in front of you.
- Due to poor or incomplete QuickBooks installation, QuickBooks files may get damaged, triggering the QuickBooks desktop error 15214.
- Internet connectivity issues can also contribute to the error code 15214 in your QuickBooks software.
- Corrupted, damaged, or missed Windows files may also create possibilities to invite the QB error code 15214.
- Unsuccessful QuickBooks software installation is another reason you face the QuickBooks error 15214 while downloading your payroll and opening or updating your QuickBooks software.
- Virus infections from Malware or other malicious programs can be a reason too to encounter error code 15214 in your QuickBooks application.
Company File Backup as a Safe Camp!
Before you begin with the troubleshooting strategies, create a backup of your QuickBooks company data file. It will save you from any potential data loss or failure. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your QuickBooks desktop software and navigate to your company files.
- Create a local backup and follow the instructions prompted on your screen to complete the data backup process.
- Copy all your data files into the backup folder and place it in a location that is safe and easy to access.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15214 Easily?
Solving errors can be a tough call unless you know the stepwise technical solutions. Isn’t it? We have mentioned the simplest methods to settle this stubborn QuickBooks error code 15214. Carefully follow the steps and get the desired results!
Method Approach 1 – Solve Error by Installing a Digital Signature Certificate
As mentioned above, if your QB application fails to access the digital signature certificate, it may bring the error code 15241. Therefore, follow this strategy:
- First of all, carry out a Windows Search for QBW32.exe located in drive C: \Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks. You can also find the file in Windows by clicking the link for More Results in the Windows Search tab. If you still can’t find it, click the Computer icon and find the QBW32.exe file manually in the Search bar.
- Once you find the file, click the QBW32.exe file and continue selecting the Properties option.
- In the next step, click the Digital Signature option by ensuring that Intuit Inc is selected in that very signature list.
- After this, you need to click on the Details option and click the option View Certificate in the window of Digital Signature details.
- In the Certificate details window, you need to click on the Install Certificate option. Now, click on the Next button unless you see the Finish button on your screen.
- After this, click on the Finish button and restart your computer system. Once your computer restarts, open your QuickBooks desktop and download the update again.
Method Approach 2 – Perform a Clean Installation of your QuickBooks Desktop Software
On performing a clean installation of your QuickBooks desktop software, you can avoid the chances of facing the QB error code 15241.
- Begin this solution strategy by first uninstalling your QuickBooks desktop software.
- In the second step, you need to download and run your QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- After this, manually Rename the QuickBooks desktop software installation folders and continue to reinstall your QuickBooks desktop software.
- Now, check whether the QuickBooks error 15214 is still troubling you. If yes, continue performing the next troubleshooting strategy.
Method Approach 3 – Check Your Internet Connection & Update the Settings
The following steps will check your internet connection to ensure that your QuickBooks have both incoming and outgoing internet access.
- Open your Internet Explorer first and click the gear icon. After this, select the Internet Options button.
- In the next step, click the Security tab and then the Trusted Sites option. Further, click the Site option and add the following websites respectively:
For US QuickBooks Version
You need to add *.quickbooks.com and *.intuit.com
For the Canadian QuickBooks version
You need to add *.quickbooks.ca and *.intuit.ca
- After adding these websites, click the Close button and the Apply option.
- Now, press the OK button and end this solution procedure. After this, check if you are able to download the updates or not. If you fail again, come to the next troubleshooting procedure.
Method Approach 4 – Try to Download Updates in Safe Mode
The QuickBooks payroll error code 15241 can be manageable if you follow these steps and try downloading updates in safe mode.
- First of all, open the Run Window by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard. Once your Run box opens, type MSConfig in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- In the next step, go to the System Configuration Window, go to the Boot tab, and continue checking the QuickBooks Safe Mode with Networking.
- Continue to the step and click on the Apply tab and then the OK one. Now, you will see a message on your screen stating, “You must restart your computer to apply these changes.”
- Now, restart your computer by clicking the Restart Now button. Once your computer restarted in Safe Mode, retry to download the updates.
Method Approach 5 – Settle the Error by Adding QuickBooks & Intuit as a Trusted Website
Internet Explorer includes Intuit & QuickBooks websites as an invader, which may access their security and entire device. That’s why add these websites as the trusted ones to remove the error.
- For this troubleshooting procedure, you need first to open your Internet Explorer and then select the Tools option from the Top menu of Internet Explorer.
- In the next step, select the Internet Options alternative and click the Security tab.
- Now, click the Trusted Sites option and then hit a click on the Sites button. You will see a Add this website to the zone field bar; type https://*.intuit.com in this bar, and click the Add option.
- After this, close the dialog box, and click the OK button to apply all the changes.
- Lastly, ensure to restart your QuickBooks application and check for the error presence.
Method Approach 6 – Configure your Antivirus Defender and Firewall Program
You must set up your Antivirus defender and firewall program to ensure your QuickBooks data files are safe. Else, the corrupted files will bring the error to you. Follow these methods for the configuration process:
- First, check your PC’s firewall program settings and ensure that your QuickBooks application can interact through the firewall.
- Another method is to temporarily disable your antivirus defender and then try to open your QuickBooks application. If your problem gets solved, add an exception in your antivirus defender program for QuickBooks.
Method Approach 7 – Remove the Error by Enabling your File Copy Service
If your File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled, it may trigger the QuickBooks error 15214. To fix this issue, enable your FCS and get the results. For this, you need to:
- First, navigate to the Start menu and click the Control Panel button. Now, look for the Services option and double-click the same.
- Scroll down and check for Intuit QuickBooks FCS. Once you find this, double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS to open its Properties Window.
- Change the Startup type from Disabled to Manual in this Properties Window and click the Apply button.
- Finally, click the OK button to save all the changes and settings you have made.
Resolving the QuickBooks error 15241 is not a complicated task with these solutions, but there might be some technical hiccups that you may face and can’t manage on your own. So, if you need professional assistance to solve this error as your upper hand, contact our BizBooksAdvice experts!